Why does a guy never text first?

So me and this guy have been chatting a bit and we have hanged out twice, I like him as a friend but he never texts me first, if I text him we seem to have long conversations, but he has never texted me first, what does this mean, please help!

Most Helpful Guy

• He feels under pressure and is not sure whether you are interested beyond friendship or not. He is probably shy type and hence he depends on you to let start conversation by a girl and he will then carry on.

• But when I meet up with him he doesn't seem that shy, so why is he shy texting me?

• Only 2 weeks! Have patience...more days to come. If this trait continues more than a month or two then leave him. Till then continue this normal texting.

What Guys Said 5

• if youve given him the right signs , he'll ask you on the spot.

if he doesn't this means he just want to be 110% sure that your into him

• He doesn't want to come off as overbearing and run the risk of scaring you off, plus it's nice if the girl makes the first move.

• the rule is guys are supposed to always wait like 1 or 2 days after a date to text someone. i dont always wait to for her to text first though

• It's a dating rule. Men do not break the rules.

• And what exactly is the rule, that guys never text first?

• Yeah, I get that it's hard for guys to decided but it's not that I don't think he's not talking to me, it would be nice if he texted me once first that wouldn't be creepy

• Insaan, I was going to be quiet, but they've known one another for 10 days and they are teenagers. They have no "depth" to base anything you're saying off of. It's not like this is an emotionally mature couple facing tough times in a world so cold.

Two kids who hung out over a week or so. XD

• As far as i know, girls are the ones who never text first and have a stuffed ego.

• Yeah but I do try and text him first but never once has he texted me first

• That guy is a total dick!! How can he make a sweet girl like you wait impatiently for his reply? Next time you see him ignore him!! :D

• yeah okay, thanks for the help

What Girls Said 1