Why do guys dump girls around valentines day a lot?

So I was talking to some friends and we've all experienced a guy dumping us around Valentine's day. Do guys do this a lot? I know another friend who got dumped around Christmas time.
Do guys do this intentionally?
I get that you wouldn't want to spend a holiday like that with someone you don't care about as much, but do guys even realize that its around those times of the year?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, it's only fair to observe that the gals begin to do things with the guys well prior to these events as well! e.g. more gals join their guys that are playing golf, most not even playing...

1. bad guys dump their 2nd & 3rd GFs due to scheduling conflicts
    2. cheap guys reevaluate, then dump GFs to save money; gifts, dates, etc.
    3. holidays for some is travel time, not dating time

What Guys Said 5

• I did that once oops. I realized that it was close to Valentine's day so I waited until the Monday after. (It was in a Friday this year I believe) Anyways, I persobally recognized it but really tjats how things worked out.

• Avoid having to give presents.

• Even if its a strong, committed relationship? You would still dump a girl over a present? lol

• No they wanted to dump them anyway, it's just the holiday makes them do it then.

• i dk but its a shotty thing to do

• yep, GF's are expensive around the holidays. I only realize how much more i'm spending on a relationship after i get out of it. One relationship i got out of saved me $1.5k my first month!

Let me put it this way, I've never received a nice gift (or gift period) from a girl on Valentine's Day or Christmas. It's usually lopsided.

• So we don't have to buy them stuff.

• what if it's a very happy, committed relationship.
      would you still dump her over a gift?

• Yeah because she's very expensive to keep happy. If she was just normal and didn't expect me to file for bankruptcy buying her stuff on holidays, I'd keep her around.

What Girls Said 1

• People period do this around holidays so they don't have to buy them anything.