Whats my problem? I'm good looking, I'm smart, I'm nice. Is it possible that maybe some people are just meant to be alone? Serious question.

Basically, since the beginning of my existence I've had trouble with women; and I don't get it. I mean I've been told I'm good looking, smart and all of the above.
Recently, I've tried online dating. Turns out online dating is just as demoralizing as regular dating. Believe me when I say this, I'm a gentleman. I'm not the needy creeper type.
Any advice whatsoever, I will be eternally grateful for thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't believe that anyone's "meant" to be alone; it just sometimes happens, most likely due to some character flaw.

My issue, for example, is that I'm insanely reserved. I give off an unfriendly vibe, even though I'm actually a really nice person. This makes guys not want to approach me -- or regret that they did, lol. My quietness is often taken as disinterest.

Something's holding you back -- find out what it is, and try to work on it. Maybe you're just awkward or something. Also, try not to get discouraged! The more you approach girls (in real life), the better the chance you'll have at getting a girlfriend.

I never really see guys approach completely random girls, except for at parties or bars. You should be different and strike up a good conversation with a nice-looking girl who doesn't look busy.

What Girls Said 7

• Looking physically good is one thing but if you don't have substance in your personality, you're kinda an empty shell waiting to be cracked. Try to built up on your charisma.

• i just asked a question on GAG.
    been on date with a nearly perfect guy, he is charm, nice looking, decent, confidence, can make conversation, fit and tall, his room is so neat.
    he was so attracted to me after first date, reckon i m interesting and funny, we went on second date. u might say i m silly though but because he is so charm that made me draw back.

• Don't give up keep at it

• The right girl just haven't came a long yet, when you meet someone you like and get their number try things like texting games it would show a woman you're fun and give you a chance to compliment her and make her smile and you would get to know her better and know if she is right for you.
    (A great game would be 21 questions)

• Stop worrying about what is wrong with you. If you are all those good things you will meet someone. Simply asking that question tho makes me think you might not believe in yourself too much. Some people find love at 16, some at 60... Relax, enjoy the ride and don't over think everything ;)

• Why do to you read a few books to gain a better understanding of yourself and women. How else you would solve your problem?
    Dating is a crab shoot. It requires persistence

What Guys Said 2

• First thing - Stay far away from online dating, especially since you're a guy. The male-female ratio on such sites is terribly skewed (lot more males than females), and even average looking girls won't notice you unless you happen to have the looks of Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt. And also, even though you're good looking, the girls might feel that you have some serious flaw which prevents you from attarcting girls in spite of good looks, so you have resorted to online dating as alast resort. Of course, online dating can work, but the chances are quite remote.

Having said that, you need to stop feeling that there is some problem with you. It might very well be the case where you're trying to approach the wrong kind of girls, who aren't really compatible with you. Also, its a well known fact that girls often prefer the rough and tough, stereotypical 'bad boy' who treats them like a doormat and uses them for sex. Since you claim to be a gentleman, it might actually be a turn -ff for them. But please, for heaven's sake, don't ever change your nature or personality just to attract girls. There are some really sweet and genuine girls who actually prefer a gentleman, and number of such girls isn't as low as people make it out to be. Also, a good sense of humor can usually make you several times more attractive to a girl than she initially finds you.

And remember the most important thing. NEVER place any girl on a pedestal (which doesn't mean you have to ill treat her). Just treat her with respect, nothing more. Be as casual about it as possible. And of course, don't be extra-nice or over-polite, unnecessarily apologizing etc. These are definite turn-offs for most girls.

I wish you good luck, and hope you find a wonderful girl soon. You're still quite young, so there's no need to push the panic button yet. Even otherwise, age is just a number, so just chill. You'll find your angel soon enough! :)

• What he said. I agree online dating is a joke especially for us single guys. I've been told I'm not ugly but I know girls only told me that not to hurt my feelings I know its not true.

• @TouglyforaGF: You're NOT ugly.

• yes, statistically some people are meant to be alone