She offered to have lunch? is it just friends?

Right so me and this girl were talking together after class (just the 2 of us) and we passed this pretty awesome cafe, and i was like "i'm so going to eat there one day", and she was like "let's both go and eat there one day, we'll dress up and eat!". So yeah before we parted, we had a quick hug and she said "we have to eat there sometime..." and we parted ways. Thoughts? do i have a shot or am i in the dreaded #friendzone...

FYI, we see eachother once a week (during the lecture) and talk and hangout alone after that. The conversation is always smooth sailing, no awkward moments. But she doesn't seem to ask me any questions about me at all.. i ask her a few about herself, but we just converse freely through topics somehow. I have no idea if she has a boyfriend, she hasn't mentioned one. But my mate is confident she has one after having one conversation with her, he said "it was the way she spoke". no idea.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's impossible to say if a girl has a boyfriend just by the way she speaks. Unless she said she has a partner, there's no way you can know. So I wouldn't listen to your friend... he doesn't know as much as he think he does :P Anyways, it's not possible to say if she likes you or not either but what I can say is that so far so good. She sounds responsive and interested in getting to know you. Whether that means romance, who knows. But what matters is that you ask her out now and start making things happen. My advice is that you ask her for her number. This will definitely open up a whole never level of interaction for the both of you.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't really know, because you see her only once a week, it doesn't give that great detail of your friendship except for the part she doesn't ask about you.. she may just be extremely friendly, but if you grow a better and stronger friendship with her, you may have a shot. Continue things the way they are, for now, just aim to be one of her friends, you don't want to scare her off by pushing your interest on to her.

Aim to be just friends for now, the more you know each other, the closer you'll be, and if she knows you much more, she may fall in love with you, or she might just friend-zone you, depending if you're her type of guy or not.

• Especially because she said "we'll dress up" I would think she is trying to get closer to a "more than friends" relationship. If I was the girl in this situation, I'd be waiting for YOU to initiate the plans to go there since I suggested it. Otherwise I'd think you weren't serious about going or wanting to be more with me. Just ask her... you'll probably get a better idea of what she wants when you're there.

• She could like you but it's hard to say. I would not say she had a boyfriend. You can't tell by how she talks. I would not assume she has one

What Guys Said 2

• You can't judge if a girl has one by the way she speaks. If she really had one she would have mentioned him to you now, unless she feels as if you aren't attracted to her in that way.

I would wait until she asks you to the place and then full on woo her.

• Dude she asked you out, girls usually don't have the courage to ask out guys. DO IT