What can I do to stop feeling so lonely not having a gf?

How can I get over my loneliness being single? Thank you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Get a pet or start hanging out with friends. You could also go to bars meet other people, you might have some hook ups, but you do no have to get into relationships with those people. Find a hobby or something; that will feel your time up, and you can always meet new people doing that. Hobbies can also be a great way to meet someone and date them if you want to.

• I have a per but it's not a gf, my friends don't live local and bars are a big no no for me now that I'm sober. .I don't want hookups or sex just a gf who will be my companion..

• Well you are limiting yourself; you say that going out and doing something to meet other people will take to much time, but how do you know. If you ever want to be in a relationship and get married you will need to put yourself out there.

• But what about what I said about the women in my age group

What Girls Said 7

• Get a pet or hang out with friends also I don't find it fun going and doing something fun being single because no matter what you will still feel lonely either while your there or when you get back home.

• You'll be single for a while unless you figure out how to be happy on your own. Personally, I don't want to be with a guy who isn't happy on his own because that means he will be dependent on me for his happiness

• Couples should be dependent on each other. You become one that's what's great about a relationship you're a team

• That wasn't what you were asking an opinion on. I gave my opinion like you asked.You don't need to give me a hard time about saying what you didn't want to hear. You're too desperate. good luck

• Thank you

• That's tough, but really you just have to decide to be happy with yourself. Others can sense when you aren't happy by yourself and it makes you less attractive. Fix that first and then I think things will happen more naturally on their own. Also find something you love to do - and forget about what other people think about it. Hang in there!

• When I had a gf there was nothing like it.. I like being in a relationship than being single

• I don't blame you, it will happen again. Just try not to force it.

• Masturbate..

• What? You want a girlfriend? Call meeeee! HAHA! But in all seriousness, sir, I think you need a vacation. A good vacation somewhere far. :p

• if he has no means for him to have a vacation, how will he go somewhere far?

• I think he's financially OK. He said in one of his comments here that he has a great job already, thus my suggestion for a vacation. :)

• Best thing is to get out there! Join clubs, a church, sports group, gym, or volunteer center. Even if you just meet friends, those friends will introduce you to more friends! By expanding your circle socially you increase the chance of meeting a partner but you also don't have time to sit around and think about being lonely. Good luck!

• My friends live far away.. no friends over here

• How can I find a girl playing sports with guys

• There are coed teams now ;)

• I feel the same way sometimes it suck :(

What Guys Said 8

• I would just find some way to be productive.

I mainly do my best to try something new. (Animating, making music, acting) or I'd hang out with my friends to play sports and have fun.

Just do anything to get it off your mind, try anything new that comes to mind (drugs and alcohol isn't the way to during that time)

• I do need a gf though

• Tired if being single for so long

• It's hard to stop that feeling. Really I'd know after having many days where I'd ask myself why don't I have anyone. But it's a form to be angst.

Another thing is that who do you want to spend your time with.

You gotta find someone that has a lot in common with you.

Which really you have to search, I don't really know what's holding you back to begin with but you have to expand your life to new things that'll get you to meet someone.

Online dating sites worked out for a lot of people. You can try that, or you can wait until you stumble upon the girl you have attraction to. (Really hard to explain, which is why I actually need to ask a few more questions to help myself get the sense of idea where you're coming from.)

• Beat off a few times. Then go out and do something fun that involves other people. Make friends and network to meet more girls. Always beat off before meeting a new girl because you sound desperate right now.

• What's wrong with desperate

• what do i do then?

• what Dionysos said is right, as what i've learned from this site, being desperate drives the woman away and it is not really attractive at all, it is just control yourself for being desperate and see how it goes, just don't sound so desperate when you pick up a girl and women can sense it

• You know what? Do something!! Read a book. Play with a bug. Eat some berries. Run like a madman. But don't pity yourself, because thats the worst thing you can do to yourself. Pitying is like a cycle which leads to more self-pitying.

So raise your head and do something.

• There is nothing we can do about it. We will continue to ask questions on GaG and hope that we feel better about it but in reality we are all doomed

• go out and do something fun.

• Find a hobby that you can get into. Then you'll find other people that share the same interests. Hopefully that common interest can turn into a relationship.

• either get a hooker or just learn to live alone.

• watch p*rn and masturbate then watch beautiful and hot girls in fhm

• What's fhm?

• yeah i know but you can't force someone to like or love you, i feel you and me having no gf since birth gets me lonely most of the time all i do is playing games, work and hanging out with friends

• You Got Me wrong, I Had A Gf Who Was My Fiance