I got a date with a Muslim girl. Anything I should know?

Culturally, what should I be sensitive too? Culturally, what should I be sensitive too?

This is not a troll question. Just got back from my date. I had fun. I didn't over think it and it went fine. I think. Thanks for your help GAG.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 7

• Well, if you got a date with her in the first place she's a pretty liberal Muslim. You should be good just stay away from politics and religion (but I think that's good advice for any first date)

• Well you should know that dating is forbidden in Islam..she must not be too religious if she's going out with you...so the general "rules" may not apply here...People from all cultures can be Muslim...so if religion isn't too important...it may be better to ask the question with her actual culture in mind

• I think that if she has an expectation that you're all aware of her culture already is a mistake; she should not. She should expect you to have some adjustments to make, just like you will for her maybe on some of your customs, etc.

• Don't touch her or I will slap u...

• That the parents are strick and demanded

• I am kinda surprised...she doesn't have an arranged marriage?

• You do not need to be sensitive to anything. Be yourself and if you guys do not get along then maybe you guys are not meant to be together. Muslim girls are just like any other girls. Be yourself and see if you guys get along. And for starters stop looking at her as the "muslim girl", she's not going to like it. Treat her the same way you treat any other girl. As long as you respect her and treat her well, your date should go well ;)

• MH right thurr!! And another thing, think about converting too lol this ain't a touch and go situation this is for life bludddddd lol

• I have been treating her as any other girl. I wonder if I'm deluding myself. She tells me that she only eats the one thing at the restaurant we went to, and I'm like, huh? I notice that she met me there instead of letting me pick her up at home. I wonder why that's the case... She's cute as a button though. So I'm happy to spend time with her. Even if we're doomed.

What Guys Said 4