How are British men different than American men?

when it comes to women, and dating. Just would LOVE to hear thoughts and opinions on this :)

Most Helpful Girl

• They are more into wanking and then having a pint with the lads.

What Guys Said 13

• Basically, all the positive stereotypes about British men are true. And all the negative ones about American men are true.

Keep believing, ladies. Don't let the free flow of information and opinions on the internet disavow you of these fanciful notions about us making superior, attentive, brilliant, lovers.

Then what would I do?

• Those teeth tho...

• Im British but I honeslty don't know, im hearing a lot about how you love our accent though, maybe I should record a voice clip of me :-P

• British men and women seem more reserved than Americans to me.

• British guys do everything on the left side, guys on on the right. American guys take care of their teeth and brush.
    other then that, gentlemen are gentlemen, and pigs are pigs.

• Americans swear every 10 seconds.

Britishers every 11 seconds.

• American men as a whole are bit more aggressive when it comes to approaching or pursuing a woman. After that, no difference.

• Yes, I'd say that's true.

• Once the relationship has actually begun, it's just a matter of fish and chips vs. burgers and fries, or football vs. football.

• That's interesting that I'm the same as all American men.

• British men are worried about American , whereas American never seems care about them...

• Why are they more worried? If you don't mind my asking.

• Their accents are different

• 1. Americans say What The Fuck while Brits say Bloody Hell
    2. American hold the forks in the right hand while Brits in the left ;)
    3. American greeting - 'what's up / how's it going' while British greeting 'wotcha / hello'
    4. Finally whatever a Brit does an American does just the opposite lol

Good thing you didn't ask the difference between Britain & America as countries lol

• I'm American and I hold my fork with my left hand, I'm left handed XD

• I didn't mention my standard line 'there are exceptions to every rule' ;) :D - forgetful at times :)

Nothing wrong in holding the fork with the right too, it's a lifestyle & everything / everyone evolves :)

lol you're left handed - you got me :D :D way to go buddy :)

• As a British man, I can tell you we have a lot more charm and class than the average American.

• More charm, yes. Class depends on who you'd be up against.

I've known some incredibly classy American men, but also some really trashy ones LOL

• Both are from western countries, so I doubt there is much difference, except for the accent.

What Girls Said 7

• I am not going to lie there is no real difference between them. I've dated American's and I've dated Brits but in my experience they both still think like boys and act like boys. They are boys from a Western culture and there is no real difference.

• Isn't it just the accent?

I mean, they are both rude people. Although I do think the British boys are more uptight about whether she "acts like a lady" or not.

• My SO grew up in the UK and besides the slight accent, he is just proper. He opens doors for me, pays for dinners, and I just an overall gentleman. I am sure there are American men that still a chivalrous to though.

• They are more respectable not saying American men aren't but British men are kind of socialised into thinking women should be dealt carefully with, give them respect etc - doesn't go for all of them though

• Yes but my impression honestly so far is that they're way more passive and even chilly with women. It's like we know American men aren't openly very emotional but these guys take that to a whole new level - they can really like you but hide their feelings a lot.

• true but i still think that depends on the guy

• From my observations, I think British men are more witty and easy going. American men tend to be more serious. I find British men more similar to Aussie guys than American guys are. I have to admit, I prefer the former.

• They aren't really. They just have cooler accents.

• Interesting question. I have for some reason always had this idea that all English men are sooo classy, intelligent and very old fashioned. Although I know it's not true I still can't help thinking it. Uhh and the accent. Oh goodness.

• I had been chatting with one for a while and my God when it came to him every admitting feelings or if I went anywhere near that topic, he seemed not able to deal. A fully grown man. You'd think he could be comfortable talking about that stuff. So in many ways, he's polite, but I can't help but say it's looking the stereotype, COLD.

I won't say all of them are like that and I only dealt with one.

• Yes accent is wonderful. Other things, hmm, not so much lol

• Hello, welcome to England ;-)