Is it wrong to block calls/text from my baby's father?

Im 5 month prego and my baby's father chose to be with another woman. Up until this point he has caused nothing but extra stress in my life, to the point to where im dreading having a child by him. I want my child because my story is definitely a blessing, but I dont want to deal with him. He never calls me to check on me. He constantly tells me I'm not pregnant, and to contact him once the baby gets here so he can take a dna test. He has never made an effort to come to a dr visit. And the few times I've asked for help with dr visits he says he doesn't have money, but he spends excessive amounts on his gf & can go to las Vegas to see the fights. I was recently in a wreck and my car was totaled. He didn't even call to check and see how I was or if I was ok. He always says negative comments to me and gets me so mad. Anytime I try to contact him he always blows me off. I've never cheated on him or gave him reason to believe I cheated. Im so stressed out. I just think I need to block him out of my life for a while. Would this be wrong?

Most Helpful Guy

• You should avoid stress during pregnancy as much as you can, and since he's irresponsible, the fact that he's the biological father doesn't give him any supposed 'right' to stress you out!

Cut him out until you deliver, would be my advice.

What Guys Said 3

• Just think of the good times you had in the past. If he treats you like crap now, you can expect this for the next 18 years. Just remember the good times that got you pregnant and everything will be alright. Understand that if he is a jerk now he was also a jerk back when you loved him. The beauty of a baby is that it brings out the best in the boys.

Treat him nice and make sure he has his fun now with the new girlfriend because for the next 18 years he will be working to support the 2 of you.

• Only if you don't want him paying child support/and being in the babys life. by law, he HAS to pay child support if you want him to.

• I'm saying for the duration of my pregnancy, to cut down on stress and frustration, pregnancy alone brings enough. I would never rob my child of the opportunity of having his dad in his life.

• Why did you have kids? why?
    They are going to do the same things as you once they grow up.

What Girls Said 2

• He doesn't think the baby's his so don't bother with him as long as you made him aware he got you pregnant

• If you think it is undo stress yes, but i do think you should keep him posted on how the baby is growing and when you have the child

• Yes, I'm saying for the duration of my pregnancy. I would never cut him out of my child's life completely because of our issues. That would hurt my child in the long run more so than him.