How important are looks to you REALLY?

I ask because I recently turned down a girl because I didn't find her physically attractive. It sucks though, because I really liked her personality and think we're quite compatible. Still, the fact I wasn't attracted to her just meant I couldn't really see us working

That's not to say that I go purely for looks, nor have a high standard, it's just that (I hate to say it because it makes me sound like a nob) she was too big for my liking; once someones bigger than me it becomes a turnoff. If there was a girl who I thought was extremely hot but I didn't think we were compatible then I wouldn't go out with her either.

So! How important are looks for you?

• I mostly care about personality
  • I mostly care about looks
  • They have to have both

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 13

• Nice one on option C, both is necessary. I've dated the guy with just looks and a mediocre personality I felt literally nothing and got bored quickly. I've attempted a date with a guy I wasn't that much attracted to, (will never make that mistake again) realised I hated the thought of him kissing me. I only ever feel anything with a guy who has both.

• I care about personality a LOT, about style, about how nice he is with someone, about how many friends he has, about his goals and all that! But i seriously couldn't kiss a guy who would be physically unattractive in my eyes! So i must say that i care for both, equally~

• Physical attraction needs to be there for me. A stranger doesn't catch my attention while walking by just by their personality, you know? But i don't want to be with someone who is rude and disrespectful. So both.

• I have to be attracted to him, it's probably 50/50. The first thing I see is the cover so I have to like what I see..

• I find physical attractiveness really only gets a guy on a first date. After that I can find a guy I wasn't physically attracted to before, attractive, if I found out awesome things about his personality and his characteristics.

• i chose by face alone for years and almost all of them were narcisistic.

both !

• You need both. The personality is really important but it's always good when you're attracted to the person.

• All I care. Is how I'm treated. If he treats me with respect, care, love and trust etc etc. Heis aalready handsome to me. And how acts ttowards me is a huge reflection of his personality

• If the guy is fit I am willing to over look at lot of other things. But his personality has to be great!

• both are important :) Pretty smile with awesome attidue :D

• If you are really compatible and you fall in love, looks doesn't matter (unless the guy is repulsive). I will stick with my man no matter what as long as we remain compatible and his personality doesn't change.

• i think its more complex than that...like you can't choose one or the other in the beginning and automatically rule it off, both are important, and for me personally, the guys I've liked in the past, i feel like when i first met them i didn't find them attractive physically at all, like they were too skinny and average looking, one reminded me of screech from saved by the bell! i didn't even look twice at them, then overtime seeing them often at school or work, seeing their personality, or mannerisms, or their voice, their laugh, uniqueness, i started to fall for them...its weird.

so my question to you is: if you saw that girl again, who was bigger than you, and you saw she had lost some weight or was wearing a flattering dress, would you have regret your decision?

• He has to be at least a 6.5/10 in the looks department

What Guys Said 5

• Both, but only personality can make someone appear physically beautiful, something only looks cannot do.

• As long as I'm remotely attracted that's fine enough for me. An incredible personality goes a long way in my eyes.

I don't think I could date someone I have zero physical attraction towards..

• She doesn't have to be 10/10 but if I'm not physically attracted to a girl I wouldn't be able to be with her. Even if she had the best personality in the world. We could be friends though.

• Uhh pretty fucking important.

• Both I don't want a hot bitchy girl and I don't want a girl I'm not attracted to (physically).