Do guys hate it when they get compare to another guy?

I'm talking to my crush and I basically mentioned a guy I was with and comparing them but the comparison was a good thing for my crush like it was a compliment to him.

But he still got jealous when I mentioned him I think. He kept saying hmm

Do guys hate it that much being compared no matter what the comparison is? We're not even dating or anything

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course. Obviously the other guy wasn't that bad if you have spent time thinking about him and had to compare him to me? so that means you needed to do a mental check list to see if I am worth it?this is what would be going through his mind. no guy like the thought of a woman thinking about another guy when she is with us.

What Guys Said 6

• Yeah, guys don't like that. We like to delude ourselves in thinking we were the only ones you ever liked, and you mentioning them means you were thinking about them now instead of us.

• Nobody wants to be compared to anyone...especially a guy when it comes to a girl of interest (even if it's positive).

The male ego is very possessive when it comes to females; we want to be THE ONLY GUY you think about, not comparing us to others like you're fucking shopping around for guys. Fuck that.

Guys want to be your one and only, and fight the caveman urge to slay and kill other male competition for you.

----

So yes, what u did was bad.

• Yeah, why would any guy like it?
    I'm sure you wouldn't like it if the guy compared you to some girl in his past, I mean who would?
    I've usually found that its best to completely ignore these types of comments, in my personal experience its less mature people that compare like this

• no one likes that. always treat the opposite like they're the only one. no matter what they know to be the truth.

• i know i hate it. i will take it a step further , no guy that is interested in you , likes it when you constantly talk about another guy. even if he is just a friend to you

• Would you like to be compared to other girls?

What Girls Said 1

• I've heard that they really do not like being compared to other guys, even if it is a good thing.