Is he trying to say that we are boyfriend/girlfriend?

We have been seeing each other for about 1.5 months, but have not had "the talk" yet. We see each other 2-3 times a week (stay overnight 1-2 times per week). He calls/texts daily to see how my day goes and tell me about his. I have not asked him directly if he's seeing someone else, but have said things indirectly hinting that he treats other people the same way, and he would say things like there's no other people but only me because I'm his baby/honey.
About two weeks ago, when we were in a store, he said that the cashier was being less unfriendly to him that day probably because she saw me and thought, "Oh, it's okay, his girlfriend is [the same race] too". I didn't ask him anything at that time because it's really not him calling me his girlfriend.
Recently when we were about to leave a place (with a group of other people), he asked to walk with me. I usually walk with someone else, so before I left, I asked that person where he's going and the person saw him and told me to just go. So I left with him and by the time we got out of the building, he said out of nowhere, "Don't get all confused about walking with your boyfriend". I didn't understand what he meant and at first I thought he might be referring that other guy as my "boy-friend", but he usually calls that guy as my "buddy" or "Mr. XX". I told him I didn't get what he said and he seemed to get uncomfortable and he just repeated how I shouldn't have got so confused. I ended up actually feeling confused and I told him "it's too complicated" for me to understand the way he's talking, but he didn't explain further.

• Yes
  • No
  • Other

What Guys Said 1

• I think you both give off the appearance of boyfriend/girlfriend. Even if you both haven't defined it that way, weekly overnight visits is kind of a sign that you are both more than just ordinary "friends."

I also sense the tragic tale of racism in your account, both at the store and when you went off walking with him. I cannot be more against this kind of thing.

Pay others no heed. Just do what you think is best for you and him.

What Girls Said 1

• I think he wants to be with you, maybe he just doesn't want to ask you directly, he just wants it to be unspokenly known between he both of you. If he's jealous over another guy than it's apparent he's into you. Just ask him, no harm no foul.