Met guy online 5 years ago, talk frequently, haven't discussed I have a son?

Hello, I met this guy online 5 years ago, we have not met because he lives in another country. I think things between us can be potentially serious. He has discussed wanting to visit me. We talked about wanting kids years ago, but I didn't tell him that I had a son 8 years before we met that my mom helps me raise because I was a teen mom. I don't know how to bring it up because we mostly talk casually and joke. TBH, I have wanted to get this off my chest to him but I am afraid that he will be mad because I was not as upfront. I am not ashamed and he seems like a mature good guy, but just the thought of him rejecting me would really hurt and I don't know if I should tell him in person or email? Any advise as how I should go about starting this conversation? Thank you

What Guys Said 2

• It is hard to understand how you "talk" with a guy for 5 years and he doesn't know absolutely everything about you. but you cannot change that at this point. I would look at it as a lie at this point. All you can do is tell him that you were afraid of loosing him if you told him about your son. Since he is out of the country maybe play it like you never thought you would actually meet. And you can just hope he can forgive it. I would be thinking, if she can't be proud and talk about her kids all this time what other things are you hiding? when I started dating online a month ago after 25 years with my ex, the very first line of my profile is about my kids. if they cannot accept that I have no use for them.
    good luck

• You two don't really know each other. I wouldn't tell him.

• Maybe wait until the guy and I actually go on a date? thank you

What Girls Said 0