Why did my drunk guy friend try to make out with me?

To start I will say I am a single girl, and he is a guy who has a girlfriend. We met last semester at school, and we have been great platonic friends. He has good morals, and is very chivalrous.

Last night we had a project to work on after we got out of our separate night classes. His class had to go to a seminar, where they served wine. He had about 3 glasses. I got out of class and I said I needed to still eat dinner so we went to get food. We had beer with our food. After we finished the project and started talking about life, we ordered some shots at the bar. He got handsy, grabbing my waist and pulling me towards him or bumping into me. I commented on that and he said, "oh sorry".

We made it back to his car (we drove together) and we talked some more and drank water. Next thing I know mid conversation he pulls me in and kisses me, and it turned into a full makeout session. I don't remember the last time someone had passionately kissed me like that. Towards the end of the makeout session he told me how he wanted to grab my ass and have sex with me.

I talked to him today, and he says we're both adults, and that we shouldn't have done that, but it happened. He told me he likes me as a friend. Since I'm pretty laid back I went along with it, but I'm so perplexed. We both participated, and all I could think about is his poor girlfriend. Why would he kiss me like that? Does he have feelings for me even though he said that he only likes me as a friend? If he doesn't have feelings for me, and just wants my body, wouldn't he have gone about it differently? This was no ordinary makeout session, it was like the moment was fated to be.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well he sounds like he was drunk and horny. He was attracted to you. Horny kicks good judgements ass a lot, esp if you have low amount of respect for your partner. He's a pig because he cheated. Plain and simple. You're not much better because you helped him cheat. If you guys had feelings for each other you should have broken up with the person he was with and you if you're with someone and then had a make out session. Now that he's not drunk commonsense comes back and he feels guilty. Once a cheater always a cheater. So even if he breaks up with this woman and comes with you how can you trust him. Besides if he's has a girlfriend he had no business being out with you in the first place. School or not.
    You should just move on.

What Guys Said 4

• Because when you're drunk, you don't really think about the result of things, you really just don't think. You just do things that seem like a good idea. Making out with someone can seem like a good idea. You shouldn't be knockin' on the door while he has a girlfriend, though.

• Because he was drunk and you let him. Why did you go along with it? Why didn't you slap him? Why aren't you telling his girlfriend?

• Because he was drunk and horny. No real other reason.

• He was drunk. You're imagining things. Life goes on.

What Girls Said 0