Mixed signals from a guy a really like. Please help!?

I met this guy a couple of years ago, but back then he was more of an acquaintance than a friend. Then a month ago we started taking a class together. We started talking in class, but it didn't even cross my mind that he could be interested in me. He's a really hot guy, so I assumed that he was taken. Anyway, we started talking, just friendly banter. Then one day he tells me to let him know when my coworkers are throwing a happy hour, so he can come. Since he does't know any of my coworkers, it struck me that he was hitting on me. He really had no business showing up at my work because it's fairly far away from where he is. Anyway, I let him know when I was going to be there. He came, and we chatted and laughed. We got along great, and he asked for my number. He then invited me out for drinks over the weekend. That was our first date, and it went really well. A couple of days later, I texted him to ask him out for a movie. He set the day and time, and it was great again. He paid both times. That was last week. Since then I've texted him twice (flirty how are you texts), and both times he responded rapidly and engaged me in conversation. He would send really supportive, cute messages. However, he only sent that after I contacted him. He never texted me himself. He also hasn't asked me out again. He also seems really shy (takes a while to warm up, but in the end he does warm up to me every time). Anyway, it's been a week since our last date, and he hasn't asked me out yet. Was he just being polite in replying to my messages? I get that some guys are polite, but why would he ask me about how my week is going and answer to texts so quickly if he was not interested? He has sort of mentioned that he has something work related on his mind, but it seems to be in the future and nothing immediately problematic. I really like him, but I don't want to ask him out again (had prior bad experiences). What are my chances with this guy now? He is very selective and doesn't date much

He came to my happy hour again unannounced. However, I was not there. I was in the 7th floor. I wish he would have texted me telling me he was downstairs. Still he hasn't texted me.

What Guys Said 1

• He does seem to like you I think. Also if he is shy then maybe I would assume that he doesn't have much dating experience.But in the begging it would seem to me he was flirting really hard and he was persuing you aggressivley.Now it seems like he is just stepping back a little.Maybe he wants to see if your interested in him or he could be testing you to see if you will chase him. It's hard to tell what he is thinking.Also if he is shy then maybe he doesn't know what the next step should be. I see where your coming from about not wanting to ask him again. I think just as long you and him keep texting and talking then eventually he should try to plan another date or even hanging out with yo uagain.It's doesn't always have to be a date.I think spending time is important as well to try an get to know each other better.

What Girls Said 0