Girls would you date a police officer?

I want to be a cop and its a high stress job. Would you date a guy who wants to be a cop? I know girls care about money so starting salary in my area is around 50,000 which ain't too bad and it goes up to 70,000-80,000 within 5 years.

Most Helpful Guy

• I hear chicks are mega hot for cops. It's not the money, it's the authority thing.

• joocy cop.

• joooooooooooooooooocy brah. NEVER TICKET A MISCER! :)

• and that's why cops are often so crazy and attack people for no reason... crazed on the little authority they're given.

What Girls Said 16

• At the end of the day, it comes down to personality. I've gone on a few dates with a cop he was a self centered, egotistical ass hole. Not saying there aren't polite cops, but I didn't have a good experience lol. All he talked about was the glory of his job.

• I would have no problem with it. I have always liked a guy in uniform. if that's something he wants to do I wouldn't want him not do it because of me.

• I don't know. Depends on the neighbourhood. I'd date a copy who works in california but not a cop who works in chicago.

• Chicago is murder capital but California can be just as dangerous L.A for example.

• Well I'm obviously not talking about LA then.

• Sure why not? I have much respect for them, even though they get a lot of hate. Their personality would be the deciding factor. They also need to be able to turn off work mode when he is off duty. I don't want to be questioned like I'm some criminal if we argue. He also would probably get extra points in my family for their job.

• No. Nor would I date anyone in the military.
    Not that I don't have great respect for them all, but I couldn't handle being that worried all the time.
    My dad was a cop and he had lots if close calls and I just remember my mom always crying.
    Nah.

• noooooooooooo...

but more so because you married me thinking i care more about your money

(which i could care less about realy)

• Nah. Shit pay, long hours, and risking his life for meaningless people? Not my cup of tea. It's also high stress and lots of them get depression.
    So lots of strain on the relationship with no gain?
    Nah.

Plus I like to do my fair share of marijuana and speeding allllll the time. It wouldn't work out.

• Hmm shit pay starting out at $26 an hour and overtime + bonuses and 2 weeks vacation plus heath/dental benefits. Not shitty at all.

• Minus 10% for you because the Canadian dollar is only worth 90% of the U.S dollar.

• Add 10% actually if you're comparing them. Take an economics class.

• Dangerous job and possible high risk

• fuck the PO-LEASE

• My boyfriend will be a cop next year. I wish it wasn't what he wanted to do because it can be a dangerous job and I don't want to be worried all the time, but it is what it is. I already dated an infantry grunt, so I guess I'm just destined to worry myself gray in life -_-

• For sure! I would worry like crazy about his safety though, that part would be hard!

• It'I found this interesting. Statistically oy may not actually be that dangerous.

Overall, the statistics indicate that, despite its dangerous image, police work isn't among the most hazardous jobs in the U.S. The death totals work out to about 1.56 per every 100,000 sworn federal, state and local officers across the country — less than half the rate of 3.5 per 100,000 for U.S. workers in all jobs in 2011, the last year for which complete figures were available from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

• Thats good to know, but I am paranoid. It would always make me nervous.

• Yeah it makes sense. Check this out

Logging workers: 127.8
      Fishermen: 117.0
      Aircraft pilots: 53.4
      Roofers: 40.5
      Garbage collectors: 36.8
      Electrical power line installation/repair: 29.8
      Truck drivers: 22.8
      Oil and gas extraction: 21.9
      Farmers and ranchers: 21.3
      Construction workers: 17.4

Laughed at truck driver being more dangerous than a cop

• YES YES, FREAKIN YES. Cops and firefighters man, soooo sexy. I'd prefer them to be military though since I'm in the military as well, so I guess it's Security Forces and Fire Protection to me.

• I sure would. Cops are sexy.

• Personally no bc I hate cops. It all depends on who it is. Cops are in danger all the time so I wouldn't like having my boyfriend in danger knowing he can die any second.

• Probabaly not. I would be too worried about his safety

• I've dated a few and it hasn't always been my cup of tea. It's not uncommon for police to be too dominant and inflexible for me personal tastes.

If you are in a position of command, it helps to be mindful to let go of that persona when you're off duty.

What Guys Said 7

• Well I work for the police and quite honestly. A dateable cop, particularly males. Are very few and far between.

A lot of cops have a HUGE ego. Because of the power thing. They have a sense of entitlement. Especially when it comes to the opposite sex. And they are some of the most dishonest people I have ever met.

Good relationships with cops are very difficult and rarely last.

Then put the pressures of the job into the mix...

• Though she'd have to go through life closely associated with a dispicable villain, the free donuts will prove awfully tempting.

• I'm sure some girls would go out with them just for the hand cuff thing.

• Dude, don't be a cop. They're power-hungry jerks. Go look at 10 thousand YouTube videos of American police being psychotic maniacs...

• nyc nypd has that payday...

• I can't imagine many girls wanting to date them, it's risky.

• DON'T VISIT THIS SITE THIS SITE IS BELONG TO TURKISH.OTHERWISE WOU WILL MAKE MONEY FOR TURKISH

• I don't think that pigs and human beings are compatible sexually, that is, if I'm not mistaken...