How come so many dating profiles of women are teachers?

Honestly, whenever I would actually scroll through dating profiles so many of them were teachers. Why is this? I hear most teaching jobs don't really pay well either as it is. I thought more women wanted to pursue other types of careers out there.

Most Helpful Girl

• The same is true for men and some really good looking guys too. I don't know I don't think it's a time issue as others suggested.
    For men I was thinking that teaching, especially younger children has always been female dominated job so it's still seen as quite feminine. And as you said they pay from ok to bad, depending on where you are, require a masters degree (student loans) and have limited career options. women are known to care quite a bit about what their partner does.
    To men I would have thought it to be one of the more attractive to jobs?

• Ironically too I have noticed a lot of them aik to teach younger children and one girl indated basically admitted to me that it wad because she felt she would have more authority and less resistance and would be insecure teaching older kids. I forgot how she worded it.

What Girls Said 2

• Well, thinking about it... teachers spend (where I live) from about 7:30 in the morning to 3:30 in the afternoon in the school they work. That alone is a majority of the day. That doesn't include the time it takes to grade papers and such, if they don't grade during school hours. From what it seems, most of their time revolves around their job.

• maybe teachers don't get out much

What Guys Said 3

• There are like 6 million teachers in the U.S. and the vast majority of them are women. Its a huge chunk of the population.

• Weird when I scroll through its usually single jobless mums

• I never have found many teachers' profiles on these dating sites, but I seem to find a lot who are in the dental or medical field.