Guys... would you date a a girl that is physically stronger than you?

I'm a pretty avid gym member, and I'm really into weight lifting. I'm continually building strength and muscle endurance. I've noticed guys getting intimidated by the fact that I work out. They've told me that strong girls are "disgusting" and "manly."

I personally disagree but since getting stronger, I've also noticed some guys losing interest in me.

Does a strong female make a man feel less masculine?

Most Helpful Guy

• 1) No. I'm a gym rat too. Some of the perks I'd see with this is that she could possibly be my lifting partner, with us swapping weight plates between sets. Also, she could be a decent spotter if I'm trying to go heavy or check progress by lifting heavier than my usual sets. And lastly, if she happened to be either on a bulking diet or a maintenance diet, then that means I could either have food cooked and ready for me too, or at least get new ideas of things to cook for myself :)

2) Unless she is built like a freight train, she isn't going to be stronger than me. Not like I'm trying to compete for the title of who's stronger, but I said that to show how the idea of a girl lifting weights isn't intimidating (at least not for me).

3) Sparring partner or even attempt to get her into MMA as well. Nuff said

What Guys Said 23

• I'm gym goer and it wouldn't bother me if the girl could lift more because people train for different reasons. Knowing how my body works there could be times where I am cutting back on calories or something else that may make me weaker for a period of time and it's strength that I'll get back later anyway.

The only "manly" stuff that would turn me off is if she looked like those girls on TV who are buffed up to the point where I'd feel gay making out with her. But that's all appearance related and has nothing to do with the physical lifts.

• For me, how much she could lift wouldn't matter--just how it made her body look. There are some SMOKING hot girls who lift, but there are also some who basically look like dudes. The latter is a small minority and I wouldn't find attractive. I prefer a more feminine body type.

• It depends. I wouldn't feel intimidated. I'm pretty strong so if she actually was stronger than me I'd be impressed and I'd probably think that I could learn from her.

The thing is though if she's too big and masculine it would be a turn off. Some female weightlifters look nice but others look too much like men. Again, nothing to do with intimidation, just at most men have a preference for feminine women the same as women prefer masculine men.

• If she made me, I guess I'd have no choice.

• physically stronger as in core strength and inner strength i would love to... even physically stronger i would still go... cause i am already a physically intimidating man.. so its like like-a-like partnership :) i would play arm wrestling instead of thumb game :) hahaha.. i would surely if chance comes by and she is respectful with good personality. cause to me personality is important

• I agree with what you're saying. I'd arm wrestle with you, haha. :P

Thanks for resonding :)

• my pleasure ma'am... i have thought about this before you asked such a question... thats why my answer sounds natural...

• but trust me looking at ur profile pic... i'd say you will loose :)

• The only problem I would have with a girl that lifts is that i couldn't have my way with her on the bench or in the squat rack. Really is an inconvenience to be honest..

• I really wouldn't care really, I won't have to use crutches all the time. Given that it's the 21st century, I don't really believe in gender roles and stereotypes anyway, so yeah, wouldn't bother me at all. I just think a lot of bros punk out because they won't be able to push around someone stronger than them or something, I don't know.

• I don't think its a man feeling less masculine, its that a muscle-bound woman comes off as less feminine visually.

• No. These girls do not attract me.

• I wouldn't care if I had a gf stronger than me. That just shows that she goes to the gym. Although I don't want to date a she-hulk because too much muscle is a turn off so i would be careful about that

• A strong girl is hot as fuck. The only time girls start to be digusting and manly is when they start juicing... But I mean go figure... you inject testosterone, what do you think will happen lol...Also there's no way you bench 135.

• She would have to be really strong to lift more than me, so much she would probably look manly and it would turn me off.

• No not at all (for me anyway)

• It depends... How much do you bench? I'm sure you squat more than me.
    How much do you deadlift?

• Bench: 135
      Squat: 170
      Deadlift: 175

• Well even if you're stats were higher, I'd still date you based off your profile pic ;P I was just curious what your stats were. As long as you aren't buff or really really vascular, everything's cool :)

• NO, I want a woman not a man. And if that is your profile pic you do not look physically imposing. She would have to be huge.

• stronger girls are not disgusting, i surley would enjoy meet any girl stronger than me. if she can overpower me, lift me off the ground (i'm 185 lbs), would wrestle me, i'm open. i'm older guy, just saying :)

• LOL it's not that we're intimidated. They just look ugly.

• No no no no no no no and did I say no. There is nothing less attractive to me then a muscular women that
    Works out

• Does a strong female make a man feel less masculine?
    In my opinion.No! , i think they are weird.

• Well, you probably aren't compared to the average guy, so that isn't it.

• Strong is the new sexy. Work it ;)

• I would date them and make money putting them to work.

• Those guys are dumb. Being passionate about anything is a huge plus, and being passionate about fitness and being physically conditioned is even better.

Would I like a girl stronger than me? That's hard to say. I'm a pretty strong guy and can't say I recall meeting such a woman. But I don't have anything inherently against it. I will say muscle definition can be a turn off because it's associated with masculinity. (Testosterone)

What Girls Said 0