Is this a good thing for him to say?

Last night I was hanging out with my guy and I did the washing up and was like "I'm the best f*** buddy ever" (trying to get some reaction from him).

Him: "you definitely aren't that!"
Me: "what then?"
Him: "I don't know, friends?"
Me: "I think we are a bit more than that, like friends with benefits then?"
Him: "uh no i hate that term"
Me: "what then?"
Him: "Well you are probably the closest thing there is to a girlfriend without the label"

I know he isn't ready for a relationship right now, even though as soon has is I will jump at that chance. Him saying that is a good sign and shows he appreciates me and understands how important i am right?

Most Helpful Girl

• You are thinking about this all wrong. Back up a minute. You two Both signed up to be FWBs. Read the contract or you are in for a world of hurt.

What Guys Said 1

• Until he calls you something else or asks you to become something else, your safest bet is to just assume that he sees you as a friends with benefits that he respects. Anything else would be an assumption.

What Girls Said 1

• I'd say thanks for the fun, bye bye, if I were you. Been there, done that and your self respect, and self esteem are far far more important than any possible relationship you 'might' get. If he doesn't want a relationship, he can come back to you when he's ready for one.

And HELL NO it doesn't mean that, it means the exact opposite. He doesn't appreciate more respect you.