Jewish girls, would you date a German guy? What would your family say?

I'm German but almost lived in NY my whole life, my dad works at a German bank there.

Lately I've been going out with a girl from college, she's Jewish as I learned recently and she told me after she found out I was German it bothered her and her family would never accept me so we would never be serious.

Do you gals share her point of view or is there a way to change her opinion.

I'm not blind to what happened in the past but I feel like it's unfair to hold it against me, even my grandma was a kid when it happened.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not Jewish...but if I were then yes...I would not turn a person down based on their ethnicity...I'm actually in a similar situation...I'm mostly Lebanese and am in a relationship with a Jewish man...there's no way in hell my parents are going to accept it but I decided not to tell them and continue the relationship anyway and give him a chance...it turned out he is "the one" and we are going to get married.

So she could be passing up on something good...it's just not worth it to make decisions because of family...but I say if she isn't willing to do that then she isn't worth it and move on...find someone that deserves you

What Girls Said 6

• Seems like there's no problem between you and her..both of you are open minded... its about her family and as I know Jewish has a very close family bond.. She knows her family better thats why she already warned you and the way she said it seems there's no future for both of you if family plays important part in her relt'p with you...
    I can sense that later on it will be a choice for her between you or her family...
    But why did she said that you both would never be serious? It means she knows already that you cannot be together in future.. if I were you, start moving on.. you cannot change her families mind, knowing too that you cannot change history or being German or Jewish..

• Not all Germans were Nazi's.

• Why would you even want to date someone who might not want to date you because of your nationality?

• Not all Germans were Nazis. Not all Jews are good people. I've got an easier time accepting this than some of my relatives, unfortunately.

• People link the bankers to the Nazi / illuminati families. Sorry bad luck of the draw.

• I am german and it hurts me to see this. I have tried my best all my life to show other countries what german people are like and i want to fight against the clichee of germans being nazis. to any jewish people out there reading this, i am very very sorry and i hate what germany did. I apologise for my nation which (mostly) blindly followed a man into racism and war. I was tought to be openminded to other ethnicties. I know nothing in the world can fix what happend, mend the broken families, bring back the lost, or heal the wounds but i will try to make people see what germany is like today. I am sorry. And to your problem, i think your girlfriends family should not reject you because you're a different generation and they shouldn't judge you by your ethnicity. Sorry if there are any mistakes i wrote down what came to my mind without overreading it

What Guys Said 1

• Her family mist be a bit ignorant to jump to conclusions like that. I am white and have dated black women and surely a distant relative of mine did some kind of injustice to a black person before yet I heard nothing negative from their relatives etc.