What should I expect from dating an older man?

I'm 18 years old I have never had a boyfriend before so I have zippo experience. He however is 26 years old, so there is an 8 year gap between us. I've known him for about 7 months and yesterday he asked me out on a date and I told him yes. What should I expect if this blossoms into a relationship?

I also really really like this guy and have had a crush on him for a while.. Do you think it's acceptable to date a man older than me?

Most Helpful Guy

• hopefully you can expect him to be more mature. have a better understanding of responsibility (job hopefully apartment or at least a plan for the future).

you should expect that you two may be at rather different places in life in terms of world experience which can be a divide which can be hard to bridge but isn't impossible

hopefully he better knows what he wants and plays fewer games. also hopefully he has a better understanding of women and how to behave

What Guys Said 5

• Well expect that he probably has a job and is somewhat early rooted financially so he has to buy you stuff and you can use his stuff without problems.

• I am 26, im a lot more mature than I was when I was 18, this probsbly can't be said for every guy but he is well into adulthood now and should have started to think about long term goals regarding his life, job and relationsips.

• the person I want is 17 years older. I mean its hard, it can work if there is communication

• 50% chance you marry this guy :)

• This is my relationship just backwards. I'm 8 years younger than my girl. We are getting married next month!

• Congratulations! That's reassuring X3

What Girls Said 1

• It all depends. There's guys in their late 20s that still act like teenagers. I think 8 years is a good age gap though.
    And if he likes you tht means that you must be more mature than other 18 year old chics.