What does "we are more than friends" mean?

what does it mean when a guy says that you're more than friends but not boyfriend and girlfriend. then when I asked him what that meant he said, "idk together"..then I said so were together but not together boyfriend and girlfriend and he said he's just as confused as I am and I asked him what he was confused about and he said "you". what is he so confused about?

is he like scared of a relationship or am I missing something else?

p.s..were definitely not fwb

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

Be the first girl to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!

• Basically it means he needs more time to figure things out.

He wants more than friendship, and most likely wants to be bf+gf, but he only wants to "get there" once he is sure it's the right thing to do.

For example: if he is only getting to know you, he may need to be a little more sure that things are going to work out rather than end up being a short 1 month relationship.

Another example: if he had a recent breakup or something, he might want to be sure his feelings about his ex are gone, or that he is able to let his heart go in the way a girlfriend deserves.

He knows its too soon for you to be bf+gf, and believe it or not, it would be unfair to you to get there without him being ready. It'd be like a lie. So he is honest to you, even if that may have put him in a little bit of trouble or got you a little bit mad.

Just give him some time. when he asks you to move forward, it'll be for real, or if he ends things it'll be for the best.