GaG Bookclub: Welcome!

GaG Bookclub: Welcome!

@EmpatheticLady @Ccp16 @zorro8888 @lifes_curve_ball @xHoneyxBeex @smahala1991 @Vekin @YusiBear @theccanyon @Liveyyy @KaylaS91 @LittleSally @lime_rampljuset @BelleGirl21 @heywhisper @BookMouse @MysteriousFlower @Kay211 @Littlett25 @mskay @SakuraChii @VampireEmpress @Kalibie @SirenDep @lemonlimetime @Sherbearee @creativesmarts @Douride2 @SensualScribe @zell0is0my0name @cl_517

Greetings and salutations! Welcome to the official welcome meeting for GaG's Bookclub! If you were tagged it's because you expressed an interest in being apart of this. The goal of this Take is to get acquainted with one another, learn about how the book club will work and to get suggestions for our first book. Let's begin!

How It Will Work

I plan to have meetings at the beginning and end of the month. The beginning of the month is when we'll meet to pick the new book and get acquainted with it. The end of the month is when we'll meet to discuss the book and share our thoughts. For now we'll be doing a book per month.

A Few Rules

• Please be open to reading all genres
  • Negativity/Rudeness towards others will not be tolerated. You don't always have to agree, but you DO have to be respectful.
  • If you don't finish on time, can't participate that month or don't want to be apart of this anymore just shoot me a message and I'll take your name off the list.

My Suggestions

• Flowers In The Attic - V.C. Andrews
  • Invisible - James Patterson/David Ellis
  • Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn

I want to say thank you to you guys for joining. I hope this comes together the way I see it in my head. And please, if you feel that you have anything to add, it's welcome! This is OUR bookclub! Looking forward to hearing from you all! 📖📚❤

CHARismatic110 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit
Sponsored

What Guys Said 13

What Girls Said 26

• The book I'm reading about now is harry potter and the goblet of fire. :D

• @lifes_curve_ball of course I'm in! Lol I'm not picky about what I read, I love reading and I read whatever catches my interest.

I have read Flowers in the Attic. Sad book/series, revolves around incest. Its one of the themes. I won't reveal a lot about it lol. Because that beats the point of it being on the list

@Asker I'm glad you chose that series. I actually posted a question on the book on here. Not many people have heard of the series though.

I'll tag my book reading buddy on this too @Piubelloamante

• Yay! I so love this and I look forward to participating!

I guess I'll just jump right in. I am interested in all of your suggestions. Is that book 'Gone Girl' the same book that the recent movie was based off of? Because I saw that movie so it would be interesting to read the book to compare :)

• Lol I'm not really a book reader, but I've seen Flowers in the Attic film as well as The Gone Girl film. I only read the Flowers in the Attic book because I was forced to in class. But can I still join these discussions as well. And yea, I know sometimes the book differs from the movie 😅

• Lol well if either of them get picked for September, I'll include you in the discussion. You should just join tho.

• Invisible's plot is kinda common. A criminal and a detective trying to find who he is..
    Gone girl is interesting, but all the characters make me cringe.
    Did you know Flowers in the attic is a part of a series? It's the first book out of five. And it contains incest.. Will we also read the rest of the series' books in the following months?
    If I were to choose from the above, I'd pick Invisible.

My suggestions are
    The night circus by Erin Morgenstern
    Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman

• Yes. I've read the entire series. That's the one book out of the 3 that I have read. If we do choose that one, I would like to read the others in the series as well. And incest is just one part of that twisted story. There's sooo much more. I think the discussion would be awesome.

• So will we read after all?

• The post should be up by tomorrow, but we'll be reading Gone Girl.

• I wouldn't mind joining, but I'll have to see how my schedule works out so I can make time for it. I would recommend reading Lolita.

• Cool. We're currently reading Gone Girl for September. Discussion will be September 30th. I'll add your name to the original list and you can let me know if you're interested in being apart of this month's discussion.

• Great! I'll make sure to put you on the list. Happy reading! 😊

• Thanks! You too! :)

• Accept all rules and regulations!
    Will join the readings probably in late October or in November!

^-^

Keep me posted!

• Ooh I'm so excited! Some of the times I probably won't be able to finish the book because of school work and sports & all that going on but I'll try! & I know I can get Gone Girl from the library & I know a girl who read it & liked it so I'll vote for that one.

• Reporting for duty, Char!

I have wanted to read Gone Girl for the longest time. :)

• Can you add me please, what happens if the person has already your featured book and can we suggest books?

• Thanks for the mention.
    I haven't read these books so when I'll do I'll say something.. :D
    Currently reading : 'Godfather of Kathmandu' By John Burdett. It's a pretty good mystery book, check it out.

• Lol I'm going to be so bad at this 😂 oh well I'll try my best. And I'm surprised we only have 5 guys and about a zillion girls. I hear Gone Girl is really good so I could vote for that.

• I'm in for any of those books! Great idea, thanks for organizing!

• I've actually been meaning to read Flowers in The Attic! So I'll try to get through that then get back to you😄 thanks for starting this book club!

• I want to do this so much. I <3 the plan you made. I like the James Patterson's book quite a lot. do you have an exact beginning date?

• Thank you! I'm hoping for no later than the first week of September. Depends on how quick people respond.

Also, feel free to suggest a book or two as well!

• I'll join for sure then! I'll look over my old books and pick a few for suggestions.

• Great! Looking forward to seeing them!

• Could I please be apart of this, I love reading books. Please? I would start in October if that is ok?

• I'm fine with anything, but I saw the movie Flowers in the Attic; I think that would be interesting to read :)

• Great idea! :) can I join too?

• Hmm. I vote for Flowers in the Attic.

• Ooohh I'm excited
    Gone Girl sounds good.. I saw the movie and books are always better XD

• More from Girls
    6