Must see Movies

Hi movie fans!

Are you in a movie mood but don't know what to watch? I've made a list of my 10 favourite movies. I hope you will enjoy them!

1. About Time

A very funny, emotional and sweet romantic comedy with a touch of fantasy.

2. The Holiday

Although it is a Christmas movie, the touching and amusing moments make it a must see regardless the time of year.

3. Poirot: Five Little Pigs

This is an episode from the Poirot series with David Suchet, based on the books by Agatha Christie. It is a detective story with a great plot and a very sad one with a magical feel to it. Great actors and chemistry!

Must see Movies

4. Jane Eyre

This is my favourite book. The relationship between Jane and Mr Rochester is just so romantic, you can feel the passion they have for each other. I love how he teases her and with humour and excitement, this movie really does have everything!

5. Father of the Bride

I have watched this movie over 20 times, need I say more?

6. Three Men and a Baby

Hilarious and so cute!

7. 50 First Dates

A very special romantic comedy that you won't forget that easily.

8. The Shining

The best horror movie I have ever seen.

9. Shakespeare in Love

Shakespeare experiences the passion he writes about. It is pure joy listening to his beautiful works.

10. Nightmare on Elm Street

Creepy and hilarious.

Feel free to leave your opinion! :)

MissPoirot is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 14

• Oh! How about Tub Girl!😁

• I wanted to add to more movies :( :(

• The Shining is a classic. You picked the wrong elm street though,

• No Harold and Kumar?
    What a joke.

• I am going to check it out and who knows, it might be on the next list ;)

• Nightmare On Elm Street rules ;)

• I seen first 50dates, add blended and grown ups and cobbler from his list

• Great choices...

About Time and Jane Eyre seem romantic

• They are! Especially Jane Eyre, I love it because it isn't a cheesy romance but really deep and passionate. They tease each other in a very sarcastic way, delightful to read or watch!

• Thanks, awesome, i will certainly check it out :)

• Make sure you watch the 2006 version :)

• Very good list. Number 10 and number 8 though :) Love them.

• Me too! Thanks :) Do you have any other good horror movie suggestions?

• Wow I'm starting to get really exvited to see it. I'll let you know what I thought when I've watched it!

• Okay. Yeah let me know. I'd love to know your thoughts on it :)

• I've seen few of them and I liked them. Nice list. It'd be awesome to see more mytakes on films.

• To this I add:

Letters from Iwo Jima
    A movie that doesn't pull punches about how horrific it is to see your buddy's face blown off while also showing that good, honorable, decent people can fight on the side of evil (alas)

Close Encounters of the Third Kind
    A movie about first contact with an alien civilization. It was among the first movies to portray the aliens as curious and benevolent without all the childishness of E. T.

Dead Poets' Society
    One of Robin Williams' finest movies. It shows us that beauty and love are what we live for. It shows what a profound impact that adults can have on the minds of the young.

Immortal Beloved
    Fairly accurate depiction of the life of Beethoven and what a difficult and troubled man he was. Whoever wrote that musical score deserved an Oscar! ;)

• Thank you for your suggestions! I really want to see Dead Poets' Society, Robin Williams was such an amazing actor.

• Thats fair enough. I preferred letters from Iwo Jima too because it was very moving.

• Political man

Marat/Sade
    The Cook, the Thief, his Wife and her Lover

Social Man

Babette's Feast
    A Clockwork Orange

The Lover

Casablanca
    A Streetcar Named Desire

The Hero

Shane
    The Seven Sanurai

Madness

Dr Strangelove
    The Silence of the Lambs

Fate

Jean De Florette & Manon of the Spring
    The Wild Bunch

• Thank you for your suggestions! I have seen Casablanca. Some of those sound really interesting, I'll see if I can find them!

• A lot of these are trendy "classic" picks, but massively overrated. Especially "The Seven Samurai" - such a bad film (it's not an epic - it's just really, really long). They're mostly films that have a really good and very original underlying concept, but the execution isn't necessarily all that great.
      I'll give you a thumbs up for "Manon des Sources" though, and not just because it features a young Emmanuelle Beart (one of the most beautiful actresses of all time) frequently naked - it's just a really good movie (much better than JdF).

• @sketchy
      I guess it depends what you come to a film for. I like ideas and good acting foremost followed distantly by direction and cinematic effects, beautiful naked women come pretty far down on my list.

• In "Three Men and a Baby", one of the guys is actual father of the baby?
    I think I've watched the Hindi remake of this...

• I've seen 50 First Dates (I personally found that movie to be awful), The Shining (great movie) and A Nightmare on Elm Street. I liked the original better though.

• I understand that 50 first dates can be a bit trying for a guy haha. Awesome :) I watched the original too but for me this one is better. Have you got any other horror suggestions? Oh and you might like the Dictator or Borat (great but disgusting comedies lol)

• I will check it out, thank you! Do you think you might like Poirot?

• Not sure I'd have to check it out.

What Girls Said 9

• Ah!
    Such great movies! All of them. =)

Loved About Time and Anything with Poirot in it! ^-^

• I've only seen About Time out of these and it was awesome, I loved it a lot, even watched it twice (I pretty much never watch a movie more than once). It really made me think afterwards and wish I had the powers that guy had, how my life would be different and all that 😛

• I felt the same way! (SPOILER) When he went back to be with his father one last time, I bawled like a baby. I'd give everything to do that myself. Are you going to watch any of the others? I think you might like Midnight in Paris, it has time travel in it too. The character travels back to the twenties.

• Same haha
      I don't know, I don't reay watch movies often.

• I've only seen a couple of those movies.

• I absolutely love Jane Eyre - movie and book.
    Great list! I have a few takes about movies and my favorites are there.

• I'm gonna check some of these movies just because I like your name.
    Anyone who likes Poirot must have good taste :)

• I LOVE "After the flood"! Makes me cry... 😢

• Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out :)

• It is another Poirot... :D

Also... Murder on the Orient Express with David Suchet...

• Yes, I thought it sounded familiar. I haven't watched them all since I want to read the books first. I know, that one is great! :) so happy you're a fan too

• I loved three men and a baby! and Father of the Bride, such 90's cuteness:)

• Most of those are definitely not 'must see movies'.

• Not in your opinion obviously. But I think others will definitely like them. Thanks for your comment though :)

• THE GALLOWS
    GREEN INFERNO
    AND VACATION MOVIE
    *gets inhalor*