GaG Bookclub: September"s Book Is... Gone Girl!

GaG Bookclub: September

@EmpatheticLady @vekin @Yusibear @Maxemeister @Smahala1991 @lifes_curve_ball @zorro8888 @ArabianPwincess197 @cl_517 @lemonlimetime @xHoneyxBeex @Creativesmarts @MissPoirot @lime_rampljuset @SensualScribe @Littlett25 @SirenDep @zell0is0my0name @sherbearee @mskay @MysteriousFlower @BelleGirl21 @Liveyyy @VampireEmpress

Greetings and salutations! Welcome to the first month meeting of GaG's Bookclub! Thank you all for joining and making this thing happen! I'd like to introduce you to our choice for September...

Gone Girl tells the story of Nick and Amy Dunne's difficult marriage, which is floundering for several reasons. The first half of the book is told in first person, alternately, by both Nick and Amy; Nick's perspective is from the present, and Amy's from the past by way of journal entries.

Helpful tidbits for the discussion:

• Learn the characters
  • Try to put yourself into the story
  • Write down any questions you have

The Gone Girl discussion will begin September 30, 2015. Looking forward to conversing with you guys! Happy reading!

📚📖📚📖📚📖📚📖📚📖📚📖📚📖📚📖📚📖📚📖📚📖📚📖

*also be on the lookout for a question mid-September about suggestions for October!

CHARismatic110 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 17

• yesss I have that book! :D

• Awesome! I'll see if they have the book at our local library. I'll start once I find it :)

• Exciteed:)

• Just passing by to say that I really loved the movie hahaha ❤ Too bad I'm not much of a reader.

• I heard lots of good things about the movie too. Can't wait to watch once i'm done. Thanks for the comment. You should join us one month!

• The book is always better!! Join us, you won't regret it!

• Gonna place my order on TBD tomorrow! It will probably arrive in three weeks and I think one week should be more than enough for me to read it. So excited!! Been so long I hadn't read a nice book xx

• Yay! I've already ordered the book from Amazon so as soon as it arrives, I'll start reading. Looking forward to discussing the book with everyone :)

• I didn't know we had a book club! I want to join too. I saw the movie but never read the book. I'll start reading

• I'll check the book.

• hi :) I read the book already after I watched the movie. Can I join?

• Bruh I dislike this book but I wanna be in the club so I betta go get it lol

• Lmao well, if you don't wanna read you don't have to. You can still join and just not participate this month. I'll keep you on the list but just make not that you won't be in the discussion so I won't list you there.

• Ok so I'll add you to the list. See you during the discussion. Happy reading!

• Ok, look forward :)

• So looking forward to it!

• Alrighty, then :) Looking forward to it!

• Sounds good :) just praying that it's still at the library otherwise I'm screwed because I'm broke 😂 oh well looking forward to it! (That top picture is fancy btw)

• I'll put this on hold at the public library! :)

• I'm getting this from the library next week (placed a request, is it popular? there were holds for the reg version, so I had to request large print)! sorry I forgot to recommend more books, but if you want 2 titles, then how about 'The 5th Wave' (upcoming movie with chole grace moretz) or Stephen King's 'The Long Walk'?

• Yay! Thank you! Looking forward to this! I will add it to my reading list for the month!