5 Awesome Book Series You Should Read

Ok so you guys know by now how much I love reading. I've read countless books and I plan on reading many more. I'd thought I'd share some of my favorite series. Read on!

Women's Murder Club by James Patterson

5 Awesome Book Series You Should Read

James Patterson is one of my favorite authors. I've read a ton of his books. I'm currently working my way through this series. It focuses on a group of women consisting of a cop, an M.E., a reporter, and a lawyer. Together they work to solve crimes while also dealing with personal issues. Lots if mystery and drama. I just finished book 10 the other day. If I'm not mistaken, I think he just released book 15.

The Falling Series by Jasinda Wilder

I stumbled across this author while browsing on my Nook. I read most of her other series, but I fell in love with this one. Though it's not like a continuation series, all the books are connected. The first book is about a girl named Nell. The second is about her best friend Becca. The last two are about each of their kids. It's hardcore romance, drama and some erotica all wrapped in one. Not everybody's cup of tea, but a great series in my opinion.

The Divergent Series

This is a popular one and I'm sure a lot of people have read it. Or have seen the movies. If you've seen the movie but haven't read the books, I suggest you read them. The movies aren't bad at all, but they do the books no justice. I enjoyed this series. It was cool to think about what faction I might fit into.

The Flowers in the Attic Series (also known an the Dollanganger series)

I wasn't even aware that this was a serious until a couple years ago. I had seen the movie many times but didn't know it was based on a book. Once I saw it in book form, I was excited to read it. Then I realized it was part of a series. I was hooked. This series is very...risqué. I won't go into detail lol. Despite that, I still think it was really good. I got through the first four books in about 2 weeks.

Artemis Fowl Series

A...friend introduced me to this series. I was reluctant at first because it was kind of slow, but I'm glad I gave it a chance. It revolves around a genius boy and him getting mixed up in the fairy world. It's a pretty good series. I'm on the last book and I'm interested to see how it ends.

I could sit here and list a million series lol but I'll keep it at 5. Hope you guys enjoy and at least try one series. And as always, stay classy GaGers! See you guys on the threads! 😎 ✌ ❤

CHARismatic110 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 11

• Haven't read any of these.

I liked the series of William Sarabande I think the English name is the first Americans

and the series of Jean M. Auel Earth's children

• If you read them to me I will listen

• where's "septimus heap" and "percy jackson"?
    Or what about the good ol fantasy classics like lord of the rings, narnia, the hobbit, and all those?

• Those are all well known. And I'm not really LOTRs fan. These are lesser known, yet really good in my opinion.

• fair point there. But arthmis fowl is really big, at least here in norway.
      Domovoi is awesome ^^

• Is it? That's pretty cool!

• Will definitely check out these books.

May I ask, is Artemis fowl really good? Is it worth the time and energy?

What are your reviews?

• I thought so. It was kind of slow to pick up in the first book, but after that it was pretty good. I still have to read the last book. I give it a solid 7 out for 10 for now.

• I'm not into book series much, I prefer reading non-fiction

• Should have probably tagged that friend for the Artemis Fowl series eh... lol

• I've read Artemis Fowl and it is great!!

Add Percy Jackson to the list too, they're just as good as the Artemis Fowl series :) :)

• Your book pleasure is very good. I heard all of them. and i read some of them.

• Artemis fowl is good but a bit childish. And everyone I know who's read it agrees the Atlantic Complex book is soo boring, everyone gets stuck there. My favourite book series was the CHERUB series

• Dude, it took me forever to get through that damn book. Definitely the most boring of the series so far. I'm hoping the last one is better. And I'll have to check that out.

• I haven't read the last one, I kinda lost interest after that haha :P

• Lol I'll let you know how it is

• The Artemis fowl series is good... funny and self deprecating. The ending is unimpressive, though.
    The divergent series... It's a shameless aping of various cliches that are fashionable in the young adult genre...
    I have no idea about the rest...
    Try Plugged, by Eoin Colfer... It's goood...
    Try Atonement, by Ian MacEwan...

• I will definitely check them out! Thanks!

• cheers... If you are brave enough to try older literature... Try Thomas Hardy and Earnest Hemingway

• I'm open to try anything literature wise. Sane goes with music. I don't like to limit myself to one genre of anything.

• Mine are the following. But I am HUGE into audiobooks. It is the only way I ready. It allows you to sit back and let yourself flow into the story. The best ones will add sound effects and music. Of course the biggest part of a audiobook is the narrator. A bad one can ruin the entire book. A great one puts it over the top. When I listened to Alive, it was like the first 2 seasons of 24. I could barely catch my breath and I was sitting on the edge of my seat wanting to know what was going to happen next.
    1) Harry Potter
    2) Galactic Football League (www.scottsigler.com)
    3) ALIVE- Book I of the Generations Trilogy (book 2 out 2016) (www.scottsigler.com)
    4) Infected Trilogy - infected, contagious, pandemic. (scott sigler)
    5) Hunger Games
    ..
    Get the audiobook of The Martian. It was so good I finished all 12 hrs plus in a day and a half. I need to see the movie but they are never as good as the book.

• Harry Potter is a Hall of Fame series. I've read it countless times. I haven't tried an audio book yet, but I'd be willing to. I couldn't get into hunger games.

• I got hooked on Harry when book 3 came out. luckily when I decided to read them I picked up sorcerers stone first. I worked afternoons when 2 of the books came out and was at a Meijer at midnight to get mine. I laughed at the idiots standing out in front of book stores. I just walked into the meijer and grabbed it off the cart.
      The audiobooks are great. But don't get the series read by stephen fry. He is very dull and boring.
      I liked the hunger games series better then divergent. however the lead woman is a selfish brat. So the main character is much stronger in Divergent.
      One of the best was Battlefield Earth by L. Ron Hubbard. It is 45 hrs long. So really that is the same as 4 regular sized books. just amazing. probably my favorite book ever.

• Yeah I devoured HP. I got into them after the first 4 books were already out.

What Girls Said 12

• I was wondering what to read next so thanks for the suggestions! I think I'm gonna go with The Flowers in the Attic Series :D

• No Harry Potter? No narnia? No lord of the rings? Lol

Jk nice mytake.

I've read divergent and I loved it

• You should try out the 'Delirium' series. With the latest trend of books set in a dystopian-society, this one was probably my favourite. Manages to get an interesting take on societal things, but a lot more character development.

• Oh wow, I saw the Flowers in the Attic movie, which was crazy but I have never read the book. I need to pick it up one day. I've read divergent when I was younger and it's a good book series. :) Nice take.

• VC Andrews! I grew up reading her books. I checked out every single book the library had.

• Thank you for those recommendations!
    I love reading so I'm always looking for new books, or should I say worlds, to discover :)
    That Flowers in the Attic series sounds tempting!

• You would like the Bartimaus trilogy as well :)
    I like Philippa Gregory - it's historic (so Henry 8, Anne Boleyn ) and others like circus. It's got a splash of erotica but it's a good read.

• Kim Harrison's The Hollows is a good series for supernatural fantasy with a badass leading character.
    Rob Thurman's Cal Leandros novels are also very good, also supernatural fantasy, but one of the constant themes in this story is family and I absolutely am a total sucker for that.
    I love the Artemis Fowl books - They were like a cure for when the fantasy series was dominated by Harry Potter.
    Don't forget Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events!!! I LOVED that series.

• Lol did you not like Harry Potter?

• Lol I like Harry Potter as much as the next person. But I also like other things and when all anyone is talking about is Harry Potter it's just like, Harry Potter isn't the only fantasy series... you know? As much as I liked Harry Potter I think I liked Artemis Fowl more. I don't know why though.

• Oh ok. Fair e.,

• I still need to get into the James Patterson series you told me about. One of these days, I'll get that started. I'm so slow moving lately, hah.

• Thanks, Char! I will be checking out the Artemis Fowl series, I haven't read those yet. I read Flowers in the Attack and heard of the others. :)

• I'm always hoping to see either of Brent Weeks' series in posts like these but I never do T_T

• Lol never heard of them. Tell me about them. Or better yet, tell everybody!

• I've read the Night Angel triology! From what I remember the prose was somewhat very detail oriented which made for slow reading at times but once you iron out all the politics and characters in your head the plot was super interesting.

• @fondue Haha yeah, it's a bit difficult to follow the first time through. I actually didn't think I'd finish the series after the first book, but then I found myself thinking about it half a year later, so I picked up the second book at got hooked from there! The Light Bringer series is easier to keep track of though, and it has quite a bit more humor.

• I'm not aware of the attic series. However I read probably the second book and this was when I was a teenager too. It's really weird but is the following series actually true after the first one?
    I read some Patterson and I will get around to reading the series.
    Haven't heard the rest and is the Artemis series a children story?

• Depends on what you define as a children's story. And what following series?

• Yeah, maybe later on down the line there will be.

And I wasn't aware that the book was based off a true story if that's what you mean. The rest of the series follows the first book.

• Not many people do know 😁
      I think just the first one is real and the rest is V. C writing.