Halloween Movie Mania: My Favorite Halloween-esque Movies

So if you're anything like me, then you look forward to Halloween simply for the movie marathon. Even though most of them scare the crap out of me lol. I thought I'd share of few of my favorites (and some not so favorite but popular) Halloween movies. Read on!

Hocus Pocus

Halloween wouldn't be the same without Hocus Pocus. Probably my favorite movie for this time of year. Definitely a classic.

A Nightmare on Elm Street (Freddie Krueger)

Not one of my favorites because I'm still very much scared of Freddie lol, but it's popular around Halloween. One of the original horror movie franchises. Freddie Krueger has been creeping people out for a few decades now.

Halloween (Michael Myers)

Halloween wouldn't be Halloween without good ole Michael Myers. He's like the king of Halloween. Another classic horror movie franchise. Personally, he doesn't scare me. But I can hear the music playing in my head, can you?

Friday the 13th (Jason Voorhees)

Yet another classic horror movie franchise. It's kind of crazy how these movies started in the late 70s, early 80's and are still very popular today. We haven't really had any newer horror series/serial killers like these. Well besides...

The SAW series (Jigsaw)

I love these movies. They're less horror and more thriller. The SAW franchise is probably the biggest one since the older classics. Jigsaw is kind of creepy, but the old man was creepier. Speaking of creepy...

Jeepers Creepers

This movie definitely creeps me out. I don't even know what to call this monster lol. And it feeds off of fear. They're supposedly coming out with a 3rd movie. We'll see.

Child's Play (Chuckie)

I don't know if it's just me, but I laugh at these movies. Chuckie is hilarious. And not scary to me. I guess because he's just a doll.

There are many more out there, but these are some of the best. Feel free to share some of your favorites!!! But please don't post anything clown related, I have a clown phobia so that wouldn't be a good time lol.

As always, stay classy GaGers. See you guys on the threads! ✌ ❤ 😎

CHARismatic110 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 16

• The evil dead, the evil dead 2'
    and army of darkness

• I have only seen Friday the 13th, Saw (hated it) and Child's play and the later I did enjoy the most. Mostly because it at the very least had a semblance of a story unlike the other two.

• Well they all kind of have stories. Just with Friday the 13th, it starts getting out of hand.

• Halloween (Michael Myers is the best of the best by far

• https://i.ytimg.com/vi/hdgrGrj3b6A/hqdefault.jpg

With <3 from me to you Char :D

• So your going from Scary to least scary in your list.

• I like the scary horror movie Kazaam with Shaq. It's really scary if you've ever seen Shaq act.

• Sarah Jessica Parker in hocus pocus is super duper duper duper sexy

• God the Saw series was so boring. The 3D saw was complete shit

• Nightmare on Elm Street was a really great movie. Though I got the scare of my life a little while ago from the movie. I had a really vivid and realistic dream that I was being chased by Freddy Kruger. I couldn't escape from him, until I remembered that he only killed people in dreams, therefore I was sleeping and managed to wake myself up. Lol I was pretty scared though in the dream because it was so absolutely vivid and real looking that it freaked me out even when I woke up.

• My Favorite Indonesian Horror Movie :
    1. Rumah Dara (Macabre) Indonesian Slasher Movie
    2. Pocong Trilogy
    3. Kuntilanak Trilogy
    4. Palasik
    5. Genderuwo

• Nice picks. Some of my other faves: Scream series, The NIghtmare Before Christmas, Saw, Urban Legend, The Burbs, Re-Animator, The Strangers, The Purge, Donnie Darko, Final Destination, Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead, Planet Terror, Death Proof, New Nightmare, Frailty, Let Me In, Carrie (original or remake), Psycho (original), Fun Size, Frankenweenie, Corpse Bride, Cabin in the Woods, Insidious, Tusk, Fright Night, Drag Me to Hell, V/H/S, The Exorcist, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, Quarantine, Unfriended, Zodiac, Prisoners, I Know What You Did Last Summer, Dark Skies, White Noise. Warm Bodies, The Sixth Sense, Signs

Long list, I know. I like movies.

• 1|0
  • Cool movies, all of my favorites (all except for Saw).
    I would also add The Craft ;)

http://i.jeded.com/i/the-craft.16534.jpg

• Great movies, especially Jeepers Creepers :)

• I really hope Hocus pocus doesn't scare the crap out of you :P, great list!

• Your movie list is impeccable, we need more people like you who will appreciate these older movies.

What Girls Said 7

• Ah, I loved hocus pocus when I was little. :D

• So when are we having movie night? These are all of my favorites too. Along with Basket Case - but that's just because it's hilarious. Oh and Texas Chainsaw Massacre - that one kept me up for weeks when I was young!

• awwwww my fav movies <3 !!! great take

• Haha Great movies. =)
    Love them all.
    (Except the last one - never really watched Chuckie. o. O)

• Jeeper's Creepers and Child's Play <3 I remember being too chicken to watch the original Child's Play. I love it now.

I love watching Pumpkin Head, haha.

I also like Corpse Bride and Premonition (the Japanese version).

• Chuckie is so funny.

• Yasss. Haha, I have no idea why I was so afraid. When the mom threatens to throw him into the fire XD that whole scene if hilarious

• I love them all :D

• I watched Hocus Pocus the other day with my niece and she loved it as much as i did when i was little it is such a great movie:)

And Chuckie is just hilarious.