Books, books and...more books to read

There are many books I love as I love to read. Not everyone likes to read but I know many who do, for different reasons. Mine is, reading allows an escape from my mind, from my life and my problems. It lets me go on an adventure, feel sad, feel mad, feel love and then when the book is over, it's still in my heart. And I can allows go back and read it again. I plan on becoming a photgrapher and author and reading allows me to obtain a vast vocabulary of new words many people would not use on a day to day basis. I have many favorite books, most not people know about or even like.

1. "Rose Madder" by Stephen King

Rose madder is about a woman trying to escape from her abusive husband, also who is a cop. When she does, she meets a guy, finds a painting and the painting 'comes to life'. The piainting brings her an entirely new view and an entirely new world.This is my ultimate favorite book and favorite Stephen King book. It is also his least read book, with no movie.

Books, books and...more books.

2. "The Lake" by Richard Laymon

This isn't for everyone but it is a mystery. The Lake is about a woman who has a daughter, that has all the features of women a serial killer targets. There is a mystery wrapped in who the killer is, how to protect her daughter, who the family is of the killer. It may be a slow read at first but it really absorbs you once you get more into it. Warning, has lots of sexual content.

3. "The Rot and Ruin" series by Jonathan Maberry

This is a zombie series. It is about when life gets fucked up by zombies taking over. A group of lovers and friends fight to look for a way to live. They come across people they take in and people that they need to take out. Zombies take away the people they love. These books will leave you wanting to hit someone.

4. Looking for alaska by John Green

This may be a 'popular' or 'mainstream' book but it is very good. This young man falls in love with a young woman, and she leaves. Him and his friend look for her and find something they wish they didn't. I ended up crying a little, this is an emotional and intense book.

Those are some books I enjoy, and not because they're popular or I'm a girl. I love those books because they made me feel. These books were well written, to the point I read Rose Madder over twelve times, eventually the book fell apart. I read The Lake up to ten times, the spine fell apart. Books are an escape to another world. If you are looking for an adventure, another reality, read these.

Homicidal_Queen is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 9

• Looking for Alaska is on my lto-read-list

• This book sets off a whole series of books with alternate histories which I find interesting, where everything is just a little bit off.
    ecx.images-amazon.com/.../..._BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• www.rollingstone.com/.../stephen-king-the-rolling-stone-interview-20141031

never cared much for s. king. that changed when i was at the doc's office and read a rolling stone interview. enjoy.

• Great books, Stephen King is one of my favorite authors.

• Phhsss fiction. Non-fiction is where it is at.

• You sound like the Armenian dad in the movie "Sideways."

"I like non-fiction. You read something, somebody just invented it--waste of time." :)

• @detlef Na, I do not believe fiction is a waste of time. I just do not enjoy fiction. I get bored of it easily now.

• I am a HUGE audiobook person. I don't like to sit and read. I like to listen while do drive, work around the house, walk, etc. I am just let my mind go and emerse myself into the story. The best audiobooks have sound effects and the narrator is very important. If the right person doesn't read it, the best books suck. I have finished over 20 books in the last 3 months. Some of the best are:
    Most of the books by Scott Sigler:
    Galactic Football League (5)
    Alive is amazing
    the Infected trilogy.
    (don't bother with Ancestor or title fight)
    .
    The Remaining series. I have finished 3 and am about a 1/3 way through book 4. I just found out there are 2 more and 2 novellas.
    .
    The Martian. If you thought the movie was even a little good, the book is 1000000000x better and really funny.
    .
    and if you haven't already read the greatest ones
    Harry Potter
    Battlefield Earth
    The Godfather , the Godfather Returns and The Family Corleone
    Goodfella's
    .
    I could go on for pages and pages.

• Interesting to read that about The Martian. Looking forward to that now.

• Awesome books, nice take :)

• Out of all those, Rose Madder is the only one i have read. But i've read almost all of King's novels and short stories.

Rose Madder is not generally considered one of his best, but it does have its loyal following.
    Anne Rice wrote a series of novels about witches, i can't remember the name and i only got to read one but it was good.

• I can't wait for the day when someone makes reading obsolete and I no longer have to read ever again.

• cause that's real plausible. just because you don't like to read books doesn't mean others won't want to.

What Girls Said 7

• Rose madder seems so interesting, thanks for the suggestions!

• I think they will make Rose Madder into a movie, because i searched on it, and it has an IMDB, though with no dates

• There's Middlesex about a guy from Michigan who is intersex. His Greek grandparents escape from their village in Turkey during WWI and get married on the ship to New York, not telling anyone that they're also siblings. Then their son marries their cousin's daughter. They have a daughter who is intersex. It's really interesting. But the grandma is really racist against black people.

• Oh awesome, thanks for the list!!! I'm always looking for good books to read, I really want to try Stephen King but that one sounds a tad depressing? Whats some other stephen king you'd highly recommend, I want to read a really good one !!

• Stephen King is amazing and it isn't depressing, the ending is good. books by him I'd recommend would be Doctor Sleep, The Mist, Insomnia. The dead zone, Different seasons, Duma Key and his collection of short stories Everything's eventual. I'm still working on reading the rest of his books.

• Doctor sleep is sort of a continuation of The Shining but you don't need to read that first. I read Doctor sleep before i read the shining, still amazing

• Second that about The Dead Zone. I'm partial to 70s King.

• rose madder sounds interesting i will check it out. I really liked looking for alaska I like how john green leaves it up to the reader to decide what happened to their friend even when i finished reading it i could not stop thinking about it because what happened to their friend still haunted me

• Thanks for the post, I will try reading Rose Madder. I have read some Stephen King but never heard of that one.

• I haven't ready any of these books, but I have read a couple by Stephen King, good author.