Bad-ass Female Movie Characters

~~Strong, capable, resilient!~~

Noomi Rapace as Lisbeth Salander

Bad-ass Female Movie Characters

Despite her small size, she can fight like a man. She has photographic memory and the nonexistent social skills of someone with Asperger's syndrome. However, it is never actually stated that she does have Asperger's or anything of the kind, only that she is a very troubled, antisocial woman who is nonetheless capable of great compassion and loyalty.

Milla Jovovich as Leeloo

Super strength, the ability to learn languages and thousands of years of history in just a few days, Leeloo is perfection in human form. Leeloo's most pivotal power is the ability to unite the power of the four elemental stones to form the Divine Light. Because of this, she is described as the Fifth Element. The Divine Light is created through the combination of the four stones' powers being channelled through Leeloo. It is the only weapon that can defeat the Great Evil

Kate Beckinsale as Selene

Sure she has the unfair advantage of vampire strength and speed, but this Death Dealer is the one that other vampires and werewolves and weird hybrid things are afraid of.

Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft

Fighting animals and humans alike, she's a beautiful, intelligent, and athletic English archaeologist-adventurer who ventures into ancient, hazardous tombs in search of treasure and maybe something mythical, yet undiscovered.

Milla Jovovich as Alice

Alice fights zombies, zombie dogs, zombie birds, zombie cyborgs, zombie clones, and whatever else this increasingly insane series can throw at her and always makes it to the next chapter.

Charlize Theron as Imperator Furiosa

Charlize impressed critics and audiences alike with her emotionally moving turn as a redemption-seeking war rig driver.

Add your own!

Which female character knocked your socks off?

=)

LittleSally is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 31

• I really like Milla JOvovich in resident evil

• Well, tv series character...

vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

And Jovovich was just irritating in Resident Evil. She was a Mary Sue character--a character someone puts into a series that is especially talented and overshadows the actual characters. She completely overshadows the actual characters from the game series, reducing the stars like Chris and Claire Redfield, and Jill Valentine, to basically inempt side characters.

• Very cool myTake!

• Officer Aeryn Sun (Claudia Black) A part of the front-line Pleisar Regiment of the Peacekeeper Military, the Sebacean Aeryn Sun was a top-notch soldier and combat pilot.
    cambriancomics.files.wordpress.com/.../...ifle.jpg

• angryweb.files.wordpress.com/.../hamilton-t2.jpg
    Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor in Terminator 2

img3.wikia.nocookie.net/.../...y-weaver-alien1.jpg
    Sigourney Weaver as Ripley in Aliens

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...c222bb9508.jpg
    Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow

Those are just a few of my favorites.

• Yeah defo. Ripley and Sarah connor were the best female badasses I can remember. Smart, resourceful and tough as nails whilst still being sexy as hell.

• A lot of these are arguable. Sarah Connor is a badass, but the story has nothing to do with her. She's being a badass for the sake of a man who is the real chosen one lol

• Sarah Connor should definitely be number 1. Just badass and really believable at the same time.

• I think somebody forgot to mention Lucy Lawless as Xena Warrior Princess.

• Fucking Sigourney Weaver as Ripley. She started out as "just a woman," who, when pressed into a hard situation manifest one of the baddest bitches that ever walked the silver screen.

I liked Angelina Jolie as Acid Burn in Hackers. It was done before she had her ass installed into her lips. She played a talented genius, and looks like natural beauty.

I liked Jennifer Garner as Sydney Bristow in Alias (TV). During her foundational training as an actress for this role, she underwent intense strength training. She pumped iron. She also ran her ass off. Her camera crew often complained about "running shots" of her because she took off like lightning and the camera crews just couldn't keep up with her.

I liked Claudia Black as "Aeryn Sun ('soon')" in Farscape.

• Wow no chick from Kill Bill or Kill Bill II? Wow ok

• Michelle Rodriguez is my fav badass female :D

static4.businessinsider.com/.../...est-trailer.jpg

Also Selma Hayek

www.quotationof.com/images/salma-hayek-5.jpg

• I liked Leeloo, but I can't help noticing she started and ended the movie naked.*

Last female character to knock my socks off was Johanna Mason in Hunger Games. Can't wait to see what she does in Mockingjay Part 2.

*not counting when she gets blown up at the beginning while wearing her armour

• Nancy Thompson from A Nightmare on Elm Street is definitely my all-time favourite

• None of these really compares to Ellen Ripley in Alien and, especially, Aliens because she is playing essentially a real woman who is defending with her life the lives of others against a heinous and relentless enemy. She's not afraid to take action and do what's necessary to protect. Rotten Tomatoes describes her well:
    editorial.rottentomatoes.com/.../

"Looking back at the Alien quadrilogy, it’s tough to say if Sigourney Weaver made Ellen Ripley or if Ripley made Weaver, but the role has achieved such a lofty status that we just couldn’t imagine anyone else splattering facehuggers and chestbursters across the insides of a spacecraft. Weaver isn’t a particularly striking specimen of physical prowess, and considering she spends most of her time in a flightsuit or covered in slime, her sexual allure is not what’s on display here either, but that’s precisely what makes her so incredible. Cyborgs, marines, and a colony of space criminals all failed to eliminate the alien threat, so who we gonna call? Ellen freaking Ripley."

en.wikipedia.org/.../Ellen_Ripley

• O-Ren IIshii, baby.

• They all suck

• I actually found Alice to be more annoying than anything in RE. I liked her in the first film but she kind of became obnoxious to me in the following films.

• www.movpins.com/.../...ra-(2005)-large-picture.jpg

The Film was not brilliant but this girl was one foxy assain

• Awesome post

• You have Jovovich twice there :D
    I loved Jolie as Lara Croft as I am a fan of the games.
    I also like Princess Leia and Padme from Star Wars, Korra from Avatar.

• Eh... they are all fictional characters and can be drawn as we please... it kind of invalidates the bad-ass idea about it... since any plain jane working mom is simply working much harder and is more bad-ass than these pieces of fiction.

• Elektra, and Happy Quinn from Scorpion

• More from Guys
    11

What Girls Said 19