90's nostalgia: A big 90's blast from the past!

I was born in 1987 , so most (if not all of my childhood) was in the 90's and it was one of the best times of my life. It's when we entered the new millennium things got a litte dicey for me and I've been on downword slope ever since. So, looking back and remembering those good times, good things and how it use to be and how I use to be, it's what keeps me together sometimes.

So,I thought it would be a good idea to take trip down 90's memory lane. I'm not sure if the things I liked, will be what other people liked. So, if it's not on the list feel free to list it. And, there was a lot of things in the 90's, so if I forget something feel free to list that too.

Let's get started.

90's snack foods

There were a lot of things in the 90's I loved to snack on but I especially loved when they came out with Pizza Hut Doritos and Nacho Flavored Cheetos.

90's Candy

Sadly a lot of the candy I had as a kid, they don't make now or if they do I can't eat it anymore because of my jaw. But, I loved Air Heads and Sweetarts and all that stuff. My favorite thing was Gummy Bears.

90's cartoons

I'm not even sure where to start with this one lol. Even though I didn't have cable back then, I still had my pick of awesome cartoons. Back when Fox tv network had cartoons on every afternoon and every Saturday morning. Back when ABC had an awesome Saturday morning cartoon line up and PBS had some good stuff too. I liked a lot from all of those stations but, the ones I can think of now are Batman, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the Weekenders and Magic School Bus. There were many more though, like Tale Spin, Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers, Duck Tales, Dark Wing Duck, Tiny Toons and Animaniacs. There was a lot lol.

90's kids shows

There's was a lot of these that I liked too, like Saved by the Bell and California Dreams and City Guys and Hang Time and Just Deal. Those were all apart of NBC's TNBC line up on Saturday mornings but two of my favorites (not on NBC) were Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and Goosebumps, not only did I watch the show but I had like every Goosebumps book known to man lol.

90's Sitcoms

There were A LOT of these that I liked as well, so I'll probably forget a bunch but I liked Step by Step, Full House, Hanging with Mr Cooper, Sister Sister, Home Improvement, Boy Meets World, Sabrina the Teenage WItch, Clueless, the Nanny, Grace Under Fire, Ellen, Smart Guy, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, etc etc.

90's Books

I've never been a big reader, I am now but I only read James Patterson books lol. But, back then I had a huge collection of different books but some of my favorites (aside from Goosebumps books) were American Girl, Cilfford the Big Red Dog and the Berenstain Bears, Romana the pest , Amber Brown is not a Crayon, The Bridge to Terabithia, Charlotte's Web and James the Giant Peach. Those are just to name a few.

90's Games

I feel like a lot of the games they have now, I have know idea what they are lol. But, back then they had a lot of games I liked. I had Candyland, Sorry, Trouble, Thin Ice, Power Rangers Board game, Beauty and the Beast board game, Operation, Don't Wake Daddy. I had a lot.

90's Toys

I'm an only child and though my parents have never had a lot of money, I did have a lot toys. So, there were a lot of cool things I had from stuffed animals, to Beanie Babies, like almost every Barbie imaginable, dolls, Legos, coloring books, Play Doh, Easy Bake Oven, Skip It, Nano Pet etc etc. There was a lot of cool stuff.

90's Movies

I'm not a big movie person and most of the movies I watched as a kid were Disney movies but some non Disney movies that I liked were the Mighty Ducks, the Coneheads, Now and Then and the Babysitters Club, James the Giant Peach, Indian in the Cupboard and Harriet the Spy. There's some others I liked as well.

90's Music

There was a lot of good music then from Green Day to the Smashing Pumpkins to Pearl Jam to Nirvana and many others but I hadn't quite discover all those bands yet. Back then I liked the Spice Girls and NSYNC.

90's Heartthrobs

I'm sure there were a lot of those and I'm not entirely sure who they all were but I mention this because I had a dream about Freddie Prinze Jr the other night lol and I remember I really use to like him.

90's Beverages

I'm sure most of what they sell now, they sold back then. However, I feel the options of those beverages aren't as abundant as they were back then. I drank a lot of things back then, like Snapple and Ginger Ale but my favorite thing was Hi-C juice boxes and they had every flavor imaginable. It's not like that now, now they have two flavors.

90's T.V Shows

There were a lot of cool shows back then that people loved like, Ally McBeal, Beverly Hills 90201, Melrose Place, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Charmed and the X-Files. I hadn't discovered Buffy or Charmed until way later but I do remember back then I use to like watching Dr.Quinn Medicine Women. Dorky right lol ?

Well, this concludes myTake. As I said, if I forgot anything feel free to list it. Hope you enjoy this take.

loveisbeautiful is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 13

• When I think about the 90"s I am thinking about flippo's, everyone was collecting them

caralhofudeu.com.br/.../ttzz.jpg

Also think of the kid's show, telekids

carlo-en-irene-fansite.clubs.nl/.../...elekids.jpg

• I remember playing with lawndarts until they outlawed them in the 90s

• 90s had a bunch of cool stuff.

• my childhood hero was gone on 1994

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpp7OCngXQM

• I lived as a teen right through the 90s. My favourite was the big hardcore and trance scene took off back then. Was the coolest thing to ever hit the human race. Underground raves, 3 day parties, music that could take you to gods feet and back down again. No internet or mobile phones or social media. People talked face to face and enjoyed hanging about together. Everything was a lot cheaper too. A pint was just over a quid in most pubs. Lucky to see change from a fiver now. Thee rest of the world was something you read about in books and the romance of travel was still there. Thanks to the world being brought into your living room 24/7 the world just looks like a big shit hole to avoid. Clinton and the cia were running billions worth of coke into American banks and skimming a healthy profit but the public didn't know so fuck it. There was a vibrancy about that vanished this millenium. nostradamus was right the world did end in 2000, it's just a slow death when we all expected a bang

• Remember the show Legends of the Hidden Temple? And Clarissa Explains it All

• I'm surprised no one has posted this already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u71Zz1L4UJ4

• I didn't know South Park came on in the 90's?

• @GirlScout Aaaaand everyone's comically missing the whole point.

• They so often do when South Park is concerned :)

• Oh I love the '90s!

• Right, 80's and 90's were the best decades - when it comes to movies, tv series, music, cartoons, video games etc...

• I think I remember the 90s more fondly than the 80s, because it was when I came of age and could really appreciate the stuff properly.

If I would add anything to the list, apart from the video games, it would be 90s dance music!

http://youtu.be/WeC7rDEGjos?t=45

• Where the hell is the 90s Britpop and stuff?

• Did you see the part where I said if I forgot something to list it in your opinion? I don't know what 90's Britpop is.

• Yeah, I'm around the same age as you so I can totally relate!

Hanging with Mr Cooper was awesome!

• Yes, it was. I didn't know if anybody would know of that show, since I'm not sure how popular it was compared to say Fresh Prince.

• Yeah I think that was it

• Ah yes the 90s but I do remember quite a bit of that since I was in my 20s. I watched all the episodes of Married with Children and also Saved by the Bell since it still amused me , it was quite interesting the late 80s also, I like to reminisce sbout those days , it's nice to see younger people appreciate those eras , feel free to ask me things from those days and I'll try to remember what I was doing a what was going on at the time. Nice take though😊

• Thanks :) I don't remember much about the 80's, since I was a baby lol but my parents in form me I use to be in my play pen dancing to Tone- Loc's Wild Thing, do you remember that song? Back when they had MTV?

• Going to see if I have the DVD of Demolition Man when I get home 😊

What Girls Said 6

• Awesome take!

I LOVED the Magic School Bus. A long other shows like Animaniacs, Morphin Power Rangers, banana's in pajamas (when I was 4), Arthur, Bill nye the science guy, reading rainbow, saved by the bell, full house, boy meets world, etc. There are more I just can't think of them.

I remember seeing this one toy on tv a lot as a kid. Called socker boppers. Sadly with the tamagotchi it would die before I came home from elementary school. :(

HOW CAN YOU NOT HAVE DUNKAROOS THEY WERE THE SHIT BACK THEN!
    www.thoughtrot.com/.../dunkaroos.jpg
    reflectorgsu.com/.../Dunkaroos.jpg

I more mature tv show I watched when I was 5 was Diagnosis: Murder and touched by an angel.

No backstreet boys! I'm greatly depressed now. :'(

Other than that I still liked the take ^^ Reminds me of my childhood :D

• I liked banana's in pajamas too. I also remember a lot the things you mentioned, including Dunkaroos but I wasn't allowed to eat those because they were too sweet.

I'm glad you liked my take :)

• It's not creepy at all, it just sounded like a nice porn title to me, like oranges in her bras. Or the melons behind her in her underwear. Banana in pyjamas. 😂😂😂🍌👉👖

• *tears*
    very nice take!!!

• Now that's pretty cool!

• Bell bottoms
    Xena
    Sailor Moon
    Scented penis
    Tattoo chokers and chokers in General
    Butterfly clips
    Midi jeans skirts (those are ugly as fuck)
    Plattform flats
    Pokémon (although this never died down)
    Backstreet boys lol

• I believe bell bottoms were more of a 60's thing but they could have come back in style in the 90's
      I never watched xena but I did like sailor moon.
      Um, I'm not sure what scented penis is (I don't think I want to know) but if it was something creepy. I was a kid back then so I wouldn't know about that stuff.
      I had a few choker necklaces and butterfly clips as well.
      I think those jean skirts and shoes are still around in some sense.
      And, I believe the Backstreet Boys are still together (at least that's what Nick Carter informs everyone of).

• Girl, you're actually a year oder than me lol i was also a kid back then too and the only penis i've Seen was my baby Brothers. I meant to say "scented pens". My german autocorrect doesn't know the word pens and changed it to penis, which it knows lol
      And i actually just found some sailor moon fake money slash notebook from like 20 years ago still lying around in my house

• Oh okay, sorry for the misunderstanding.

• YASS. I love nostalgia trips.
    Remember the juice bottles that you dropped a pill in to change their colors? And Fox Kids that came on everyday after school and Saturday mornings. Umf. Right in my childhood feels.

• YASSSSS! 90's babies rule! I remember boy groups like B2K and InSync. All those times where my room looked like a bulletin board because I taped posters EVERYWHERE! And social media wasn't that big... We'd got to the mall and take professional pictures or walk to candy store and ride bikes around the neighborhood. Good times! Good times! 👌😩😅