Strong Female Rockers (you may or may not know)

Renee Phoenix is the vocalist for the Alt-Rock Florida band Fit for Rivals. Her voice is close enough to the edge where I can't wait to hear her push it further.

Cristina Scabbia is the co-vocalist for Lacuna Coil, an Itailian Metal band and has a great gritty voice where I can't tell if she's angry or set to dominate someone.

Morgan Lacroix
the lead singer for Mandragora Scream. Another Itailian band. The closest I can come to describing her voice is a mix between a Zombie and a Vampire, very intense and calming at the same time.

Maria Brink
lead singer for In This Moment a Metal band out of L.A. She has a deeply Demonic voice when she unleashes it but when she does I can't help but want it more.

Lizzy Hale
front woman for Halestorm based out of Pennsylvania is the type of angry lead singer I always hoped Alanis Morissette would be, the kind rock needs more of. Although I'm not sure how her Brother handles his sister being a Rock Sex Symbol.

Taylor Momsen is the lead singer for The Pretty Reckless a rock band from New York. And aside from Miss Hale, is one of the more well known singers. Still she has a greatly seductive voice that leads people to follow without question.

Morgan Lander
...is screamoligist a word?? It should be in her case. The lead singer for the Canadian Death Metal all girl band Kittie has been around since the band formed when they were 14. This band was a rumor back in '96 in the states. But boot leg tapes eventually got to my friend and I which just blew our minds at the time!

Shirley Manson
the Scottish lead singer for the Alt-Rock Wisconsin band Garbage. She's on the the lighter side of this list but still a powerful singer in her own right.

Dolores O'Riordan
lead singer for the Irish Rock band The Cranberries. She always has that mix of pain and angry that grabs my attention.

While there are a few more examples in my mind I think this is a good start. If people enjoy this myTake I may follow up with more. Maybe with the Founders of the 70's and 80's. Feel free to add any I missed.

pervertedjester is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 8

• There are people who don't know the Cranberries? There are people who don't know the song Zombie?

What world do I live in.

• No no no, Lizzy Hale sucks in concert. Her real voice is shit but her songs that are edited are good. I am a fan of her band but I was told (by multiple people) that she sounds like shit live.

And I agree with all of the above but you forgot Amy Lee from Evanessance

• Taylor Momsen is life, her voice is love ❤ She's like the coolest chick on this planet. The Pretty Reckless is amazing.

• Nice list but you missed Stevie Nicks and Pat Benetar

• Even if you don't understand Spanish...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td1hajshtGA

Bomba Estéreo es la puta maaaaaaaaaaaadre xx!!

• i have to agree for maria brick her vocals is really high. Lizzy hale has a great voice too

• Love Maria Brink.

Alissa White

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jud_SnKTlY

Flagitious idiosyncrasy in the dilapidation singer has one of the best voices, I don't think most even know she's female lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1UanSCjIgU

Otep female singer has such an unique voice also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SQCbMONdLA

• I've always like the song from the first link you posted... Just never followed up on the band.

What Guys Said 9

• I liked Evascene back in the day.

• I've only heard of less than half of those. Maybe that's because I'm an old fart and I'm more familiar with older music. I'll throw some older names out there.

Janis Joplin
    Grace Slick (Jefferson Airplane)
    Pat Benatar
    Chrissie Hynde (The Pretenders)
    Patti Smith
    Joan Jett
    Siouxsie Sioux
    Johnette Napolitano (Concrete Blonde)
    Cyndi Lauper
    Annie Lennox
    Suzi Quatro

• These are all either poser or outright lame bands. I guess Ann Wilson is an all right female rock singer, and Donita Sparks had an entertaining career if nothing else.

But MFing Halestorm. All of my hate.

• surprised karen oak is not on here.

• Hottest girls ever.

• That paramore girl is also a rocker no?

• List is absolutely FAIL without Angela Gossow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgMUmXHAdAM

• She used to be my favorite female metal singer till I heard bands like Kylesa, Windhand, and Blood Ceremony.

• And any one of these over the work intercom would be a welcome replacement for them playing the same Franz Ferdinand song over and over again. That work intercom is gonna make me hate Franz Ferdinand. Not that they care: it's royalty-cheap and they figure only the employees remember that the song is played 50 times in one day.