Adele's Absurd Popularity Has Trumped Just About Everything, Including Star Wars

Forget "Star Wars" or Miley Cyrus or Taylor Swift. You might soon have to wave bye-bye to records set by the likes of The Beatles and Michael Jackson. The music phenomenon that is Adele continues its rocket-like ascent into the ionosphere and it shows no signs of slowing.

Let's take it by the numbers, shall we?

-- Adele's Facebook page has now soared past 63.7 million Likes. A lot of her posts hit the top Trending news bar, including her most recent post where she sings car karaoke with "Late Late Show" host James Corden. Haven't seen it? You're probably one of the very few, so let's remedy that right now.

-- Now, according to Vanity Fair, Adele actually managed to steal the thunder of the biggest film of 2015, "Star Wars: The Force Awakens." When Adele announced her new album "25" and launched that massive single "Hello" - and her first video in three years - she just exploded. If you think a lot of people watched those "Star Wars" trailers, wait until you see this: Are you aware that total views of that video on YouTube are approaching one billion?! Saw it already? Want to see it again?

-- Comparing such numbers to other musicians is almost folly. Even Taylor Swift's "Bad Blood" couldn't top it, and neither could anything by Nicki Minaj or Miley Cyrus. And by the way, that new album, "25" is expected to sell upwards of 2.5 million copies in its first week alone. And if you want to learn a bit more about Adele's rise to fame, click that link there and enjoy a brief history.

But the obvious question is: WHY?

Why is this happening? What makes Adele so special? Everyone seems to be asking this, from Fusion to Quora and about eight trillion people around the Internet. Her songs go through the roof and off the charts and she is constantly trending; just about anything she says and everything she does turns out to be trending.

Anybody out there have any good ideas? I'd love to hear from some big fans of Adele's, and also from those who don't like her (why don't you like her?). There has to be a reason behind this and frankly, I'm not sure anyone has a good answer. Maybe it's just one of those things...

KaidenKass00 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 8

• I love her as a person (from what I know of her), she has good, solid, classically pleasant songs, she doesn't really care what others think, she does things for herself, not for others - which makes her genuine...
    Maybe that's part of it.

• her music is ok

• I actually really don't like the song Hello. It doesn't sound good to me.

• The radio hyped 'Hello' up but the reason being is because she is one of the few modern day singers that can actually sing.

• Why is she so popular? I don't know but. . .
    [IMG]http://i63.tinypic.com/w1zn8k.jpg[/IMG]

• It's really a simple answer. She sings music from the soul, it sounds beautiful, the lyrics are meaningful, it touches your heart and people can relate.
    Overall, she makes music and sounds of quality. That's why she is so great! ;-) I love her music.

• I'm quite neutral about adele. But I've got some ideas.

1. She doesn't give a shit about how the world sees her.

Think she's too fat? Wrong hair? Wrong outfit? Wrong husband? She doesn't give a shit and that's pretty admirable, especially being a superstar.

2. She has got a cracking and unique voice.

Let's face it. Even if you don't like her, we've all tried to impersonate her at some point. And few can do it well.

3. She takes her time.

She doesn't rush into album after album, constantly in the public eye. She very much separated her home life and she doesn't rush things.

4. She's just like you or me.

She might be a singer but she's also a family woman, a mum, a lover, a daughter. She has a job but she doesn't let it control her.

5. She's everything that's wrong with the pop world and that's why she's so right.

Let's face it. She's not skinny. She's not the most gorgeous woman. She's not the shortest. She's not the poshest sounding. She is just herself, and that means she's very easy to identity with.

• Honestly, I'm pretty neutral about Adele. She's not the best but she's not the worst either. I like a couple of her songs, but most of them " talk " about the same thing so I get bored with her work fast.

What Guys Said 6

• I counted the word 'Adele' 9 times on this page.

• who's that?

• I've only ever heard one adele song.

• She has an amazing voice. "Hello" words sing my own story so it is special to me. I would like to say hello to her :)

• Yet I can't name a single song of hers...

• I do not find one single thing appealing about this women.

She's as overrated as Gaga, if not more.

• You find NOTHING appealing about her?

Maybe you're not the intended demographic, though... ;)

• Well, guess that covers it. :)

• She's probably a very nice person, but yeah, she just doesn't do it for me :)