5 Good Horror Movies To Watch

5 Good Horror Movies To Watch

I have never liked watching movies much, but in the rare times that I do watch movies, I always watch the horror genre. I have always liked horror ever since I was young, I thought that it was more exciting and made you anticipate what would happen next. However, even with the thrill horror movies give a person, I have noticed that it can be difficult to find an actual good horror movie to watch. Not the ones with the cheesy jump scares and screaming girls running with barely any clothes on, but the ones that actually make you afraid to go in the dark by yourself.

So I wanted to give some GAGer horror fans a list of some very well made horror movies (in my opinion). They are not scary in the sense that you’d be scared every minute and want to look away from the screen. But they are frightening and more logical (for a movie) then most horror movies.

Alien

This movie came out in 1979 and stars Sigourney Weaver as Ellen Ripley aboard a space ship called the Nostromo. The reason why I liked this movie is because it kept my attention throughout the end. It isn’t scary but you keep hoping that all the characters make it out alive. Watch the movie to find out what happens, I don’t think that you’ll regret it.

Dark Skies

Another movie about aliens! (Sorry). Again, it is not too scary but it does have some pretty good jump scares. A lot better executed than most horror films. Oh, one thing that really surprised me about this movie was the dialogue. It seems very realistic and on the logical side compared to most dialogue in other horror movies. You’ll know what I mean when you watch it.

Hush

Have you guys ever wondered what it would be like to be deaf? Not only that, but a serial killer who is in your house and you have the inability to use your ears? Kinda scary.

Apartment 143

I’m sure that some of you have heard of the show Ghost Hunters (An American TV show, I used to watch), well similarly to how the Ghost Hunters team goes to investigate people’s homes, a team goes to investigate a supposed haunted apartment. There are some scary jump scares but the ghosts that they showed in the movie didn’t frighten me much. The reason why I liked the movie is because it is filmed like an actual Ghost Hunting team would go about setting up the camera and it also shows scenes through the camera as well.

The Strangers

I know most people have heard of this movie before. And this movie scares me more than the other four do. Similarly to Hush, the main characters encounter some serial killers who trap them inside the house.

Gracias!

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 17

• The Strangers is a great one!

• The all time No 1 Horror movie is Halloween

• Event Horizon got good shock moments

• Strangers is a good one, lots of moments of surprise there. I really like alien based movies, I'd hate to be abducted by aliens. :)

• Apt 143 sucks

Alien really a horror film more sci fi
    And wheres in sin di ous

• Sinister and The Babadook. Genuinely scary modern horrors

• I still need to watch The Strangers and Hush.

• None of the above, watch It follows

• Dark skies was awesome.

• I like as above so below

• Alien is obviously a classic. I like the Strangers and Dark Skies was decent but I've always been a sucker for alien-based horror. Never saw the other two.

I could probably rant for hours about horror movies, but anyways. My list would look quite different but a fun topic none the less.

• Alien is not scary and I dunno how they even thought it was scary back then.

• 'Scary' is subjective.

What movies do you think are scary?

• At this stage in my horror fandom, I'm as desensitized as they come. I've virtually seen it all and nothing really 'scares' me. I've always felt complaints stating a horror movie isn't scary or a comedy isn't funny have always been pretty empty. It's all subjective.

All you can really aim for is what you find good or enjoyable.

• @HorrorFan well, username checks out

• I have only seem Alien, great movie.

• Thanks for your post. I have not watched any of them, but I'll give it a try to watch at least 1 of the movies you have posted, let me see how it is.

• Hm, let's give Dark Skies a try. Never saw that.

• thanks 4 sharing

• Have you seen the "Wrong Turn" franchise? It's violent as duck lol

Also "Jeepers Creepers" is one of my favorites

• I have heard of wrong turn but never watched it, and oh yeah keeper creepers is pretty good.

• @Jooker i like them all lol just awkward watching with my parents... Sex scenes in every single one lol

• Yes unfortunatly, how could u trust those movies, personaly i don't watch movies with family that i didn't watch before.. i can't do that its a shame.

What Girls Said 15

• Nope to paranoid to watch horror.

• I've seen all of these except Hush. I noticed it's on Netflix. I might watch it on Friday. The movie Strangers pissed me off so much. The killers ticked me off but not as much as the stupidity from the victims. The rest of the movies are cool.

• Oh I think I seen HUSH! but I;ll watch it thanks! (:

• I used to watch horrors like crazy when I was in my teens. Some were, paranormal activity, one missed call, texas chainsaw massacre , the hills have eyes and jeepers creepers. I dont watch anymore now tho , since the release of the last excorcism. The industry is getting too F'd up.

• Cool movies, especially Dark Skies and Alien

• Im going to add 'The Witch', 'Insidious', and 'The Babadook.'

• I really like "Sinister" (the first one). I just found how they acted very logical and the build up in the story and how it ended was quite enjoyable to me. I hate movies that are all "Oh what was that sound, excuse me while I arm myself with a pillow".

• I love The Conjuring and Drag Me to Hell... it's quite scary for me. for psyco/thriller movie, I love Orphan, quite unexpected ending

• The conjuring is pretty good

• Hush was AWESOME.

• Ooo, I'm going to have to check these out.

• I liked the Alien, I hope the others are cool too

• After i watched the strangers i was too scared to answer my door for a week lol It's a great suspense movie. With lots of jump scares

• Grave Encounters was pretty good too!

• Awesome! I'm only 13, but pretty much allowed to watch whatever (unless its R, then I have to watch it with someone else)