A Tribute To Kurt Cobain, Lead Singer Of Nirvana.

(Ironic, isn't it?)

Kurt was born on February 20, 1967 at Aberdeen, WA. He died April 5, 1994, at Seattle, WA. His wife was Courtney Love and he had a daughter named Francis Bean Cobain.

Pictured left is his daughter, on the right is his wife.

Nirvana released 102 songs, which was formed in 1987, which was also considered as alt. rock and grunge. Kurt sadly shot himself as many people know.

Also as tribute, I have a stuffed bear named Kurt Co-Bear (Like Cobain, get it?).

My favorite Nirvana album is their first one, Nevermind and my favorite song from the band is "Dumb" and "Where did you sleep last night?"

Here are some things he's said:

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."

"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."

"If you die you're completely happy and your soul gets to live on. I'm not afraid of dying. Total peace after death, becoming someone else is the best hope I've got."

"A friend is nothing but a known enemy."

"If it's illegal to rock n' roll then throw my ass in jail!"

"I started being really proud of the fact that I was gay even though I wasn't."

"The duty of youth is to challenge corruption."

"Drugs are a waste of time. They destroy your memory and your self-respect and everything that goes along with your self-esteem. They're no good at all."

"The worst crime is faking it."
-Kurt Cobain

The best Nirvana lyrics in my opinion are:

"One baby to another says I'm lucky to have met you / I don't care what you think unless it is about me / It is now my duty to completely drain you." -Drain You

"I can't explain just why we lost it from the start / Living without you girl you'll only break my heart." -Spank through

"Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you." -Territorial Pissings

"I love myself better than you, I know it's wrong but what should I do?" -On a Plain

"Monkey see, monkey do / I don't know why I'd rather be dead than cool." -Stay Away

"I feel stupid and contagious / Here we are now, entertain us." - 'Smells Like Teen Spirit'

"I'm so happy cause today I found my friends-they're in my head." -Lithium

R.I.P. Kurt <3

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Ooh Nirvana. Good stuff. I really like the grunge movement that came up in the 90s.

I find it interesting he would say "Drugs are a waste of time. They destroy your memory and your self-respect and everything that goes along with your self-esteem. They're no good at all" since he was a known Heroin user. Granted, he could have been saying this more so as a warning to stay away from it. Nevertheless, I agree with him.

Most Helpful Girl

Sponsored

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 3

• Kurt was a guy that would was very loving to his friends and family and he in no way really fitted the bad boy image that grunge guys were meant to have. I've always been a huge fan of Kurt Cobain cause he was a real person that never became like most of the celebrities now that think they are gods. Kurt always had drug problems and even in one point of his life stoped and promised his first girlfriend that her love was stronger than any drug and he'd stop. With anxiety that would make him throw up before a performance and a history of being homeless and feeling like a lost soul since teen hood, he did use drugs very openly and made people realise that sometimes the kindest souls with so much emotion can't live in the real world without drugs to cope in some way. He was a very soft person and had a lot of problems, but he was still a very talented man that used the emotions to put real soul into his music that other teens needed. Sad that many young people think nirvana is a clothing brand :( I would have loved to have meet him before he was even famous. God rest him soul

• Funny, I was just listening to Nirvana tonight. Serve the Servants... oh yeah

• I love Nirvana Nevermind In Utero and MTV Unplugged IN NEW YORK Albums are legendary

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!