3 Overrated Movies That Don't Deserve All That Praise

3 overrated movies

There are a lot of overrated movies in my opinion, just as there are a lot of underrated movies. I've got five that in my own opinion are completely overrated.

1.Titanic

Honestly name a James Cameron Movie after Terminator 2: Judgement Day (a film that until Mad Max Fury Road was the best action movie ever made) and it's overrated, his work has GONE WAY downhill. However I put this one up there because this is one of the highest grossing movies of all time. What is it? Its a fucking chick flick, don't pretend like this is some cinematic masterpiece, it is and always will be a big budget chick-flick.

2. Gravity

This movie not only got best special effects the year the far superior in special effects film PACIFIC RIM was released but its got no real draw beyond, oh pretty. On top of that, my understanding is that the amount of damage sandra bullock causes trying to return to earth to the point where it'd have been fifty years before we could do more space exploration, we would have been better off if she and clooneys characters just resigned themselves to dying in space. If your supposed to be happy ending fucks over all but two characters out of the human race then the fact is ITS NOT A FUCKING HAPPY ENDING.

3. Full Metal Jacket

Now don't get me wrong I LIKE Full Metal Jacket and only half of this movie is overrated. The first half of the movie and the second half of the movie are almost like two separate films in the way that they are SO different but they are not only different but the first half is MUCH better than the second half. The second half is good, the first half is a masterpiece. So this movie is only partially overrated.

And to its credit the second half does have this scene

Waffles731 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 10

• Deadpool

• Titanic is the most overrated among the three and to be honest, I don't even find it that "romantic". I agree with all three being overrated.

• I've never heard of the third one. Never saw the second. And the only good part of the first was when the ship sank.

• I agree on the first two, I've never seen Full Metal Jacket (but have heard its praise).

1. Watched it, ehhh
    2. Who wants to see Sandra Bullock of all people scream and gasp for a few hours?

• I don't think Titanic is romantic either, the guy could have also gotten on the plank but no he gotta drown. And I never heard of 3rd one.

• you don't like ok but you don't need to make a take a this, really people nowadays...

• Gravity was good to watch in 3D but I do agree that's it's overrated. Not as overrated as that other space movie with Matthew McCaunnaughey though!!

• I was tempted to put interstellar on the list but gravity always pisses me off with that special effects thing

• Interstellar, that's the one it was like over an hour too long :/

• I agree about 1 and 3. I really enjoyed Gravity, though.

• I've got no complaints about this list.

• I liked Titanic but the others I do agree with

What Guys Said 8

• I liked Titanic. James Cameron is fond of the theme of falling in love with someone after only a couple of magical days then losing that person in a sort of tragedy. He did it with Sarah Connor and Kyle Reese in Terminator then in Titanic. Maybe it is a chick flick, but I appreciate that sort of tragedy. Such a quick and tragic loss after such a short but magical romance.

• 1. Fast and furious trilogy was ridiculous, I only liked the first Fast and Furious.
    2. Frozen and Tangled is so overrated that I hate it more than ISIS
    3. Films like Avengers or Expendables are just glorified wank with bad superficial scripts designed only for profit gains

• Finally, someone that shares my sentiments towards Gravity! It seemed so boring to me :)

• I have to agree with Titanic.

The rest I never really saw so I can't say. Or maybe I did once or twice but forgot about them entirely by now.

I kind of wish James Cameron had gone back to investing in and making a new Terminator movie at that time instead of making Titanic, as now we end up with vastly inferior new Terminator films after T2 just to milk the cash cow.

If only Cameron had given us his take on Terminator 3 instead of doing Titanic, but that's just me.

Other overrated films are probably at the top in the IMDB's list.

• I agree on the Terminator. Everybody wanted to see a third film that would finally show us the apocalyptic future and wrap everything up. Maybe establish a sort of 'original' timeline to resolve the paradox or something. Yet we never got it. Genisys was probably the greatest of the new Terminator films and even then it was only average at best.

• I thought the Sarah Connor Chronicles was good and would have liked to have seen that timeline incorporated into a movie. Summer Glau's character could have done a lot to develop John as a character.

• @JRICHARDS1996

As for Sarah Connor Chronicles, the first season was fine with the shorter amount of episodes and pacing as it more or less go to the point and was more action oriented than the subsequent second season followup stretching over 20 episodes which I felt and thought was their biggest fuck up. They should have kept it around a dozen and things would have worked out with a 3rd season follow up. Which it didn't work out in the end and they had cancelled the 3rd Season for good. I'm not a big fan of "Jameron", I think I would prefer the T-3000 "Machine Phase Matter" modified and corrupted/compromised version of Connor any day over the idea of Connor and a female Terminator bodyguard and "partner". It was already awkward like that in the first season, but whatever it's different since it's not the same as the films, they wanted to bring Sarah back because at the time the sequels that had been out Sarah was already gone and passed away from leukemia.

• To this I would add Forest Fucking Gump.

• I couldn't agree more. FMJ is a great film, but not what it's cracked up to be.

• *Insert all the Godfather films here -*

If i here ''Godfather is the best movie series of all time'' again ima' flip my shit lmao.

Though tbh i agree with you, Even though i liked those films (FMJ and Gravity especially), They are pretty overrated.

• COMPLETELY agree lol