10 Romantic Comedies Your Boyfriend Might Enjoy (Or At Least Sit Through)

Now I can't speak for every guy but these are a few Rom-Coms that I was surprised to like. And truth be told Ladies you might have to watch one of His movies to get him to watch one of these. I'll put those at the end but it's really just to get guys to scroll through the list to keep them in mind.

About Time

Chasing Amy

50 First Dates

Shaun Of The Dead

The Princess Bride

As Good As It Gets

High Fidelity

Groundhog Day

This Means War

Man Up

Movies You May Have To Sit Through:

Monty Python (Any Film)

Full Metal Jacket

Army Of Darkness

These are a few examples of guy friendly Rom-Coms that I can vouch for. Still if I missed any feel free to add them in the comments below. But keep the list handy if you need some couch time with your man. Hope you Enjoy them as much as I did!

pervertedjester is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 14

• Oh, I love About Time, Shaun Of The Dead and Man up =)
    Lake Bell's 'British' accent, though... terrible. xD

• Monty Python and Army of Darkness are good, at least :P So's Shaun of the Dead even though I wouldn't initially say it was a rom-com.

• I hate romantic comedies in general like 95% of the time. Can you make a girlfriend list as well please?

• I loved 'about time'. It was about real life. ( except the time travel stuff). I think a lot of guys could relate to this guy! I know many guys ( and girls) have said and done things, and the moment that they are said out loud, wished to take them back!.

• I love watching monte Python! My mom hates it but I think it's hilarious.
    Also I've seen a few movies on the list

• "This means war": my fav

• One Fine Day is a great romantic comedy. My boyfriend loved it.

• my boyfriend has introduced me to Princess Bride.. he keeps saying the puns are great but i really don't get much.
    i made him like "love actually" and he says it is the only romantic movie that is not a "chick flick"

• All good movies but you have no idea how much I love About TimeTime 😊

• Love, love, love, As Good As It Gets <3
    I wonder if my boyfriend can sit through that for me.
    Love, love, love, Monty Python, for the relationship's sake, he better be able to laugh! :D

• Ground hog day is okay, although it's a bit cheesy.
    About time sounds interesting, I might take a look at it.

• I have never really been into rom-coms they are too formulaic to me and thats the same for romance novels. Even though I liked about time and the princess bride of course. One of these days I plan to watch Monty Python.

• Never been into romantic movies. Most make me cringe far too freaking much or bore me to death.
    Although Princess Bride is amazing 👏🏽👏🏽

• I don't think I would consider Shawn of the Dead a rom-com.

What Guys Said 14

• How is Full Metal Jacket a Rom Com

• Wasn't listing it as a Rom Com. I had it there as one your girlfriend might have to watch to get you to watch one of the actual Rom Coms.

• There isn't a soul alive who doesn't like The Princess Bride, male or female. If they claim to not like it... they have no soul. ;)

I'd toss Hitch in there, too. I really like that movie a lot. Oh, and When Harry Met Sally and Sleepless in Seattle are the quintessential rom-coms and frankly, I love them both.

Not sure how Sean of the Dead is a romantic comedy, though... :P

• Somehow, Spider-Man didn't make the list? I know it's hokey, but it's there.

• I can vouch for that, I've seen Monty Python (all movies), Army Of Darkness, Groundhog Day, Shaun Of The Dead and The Princess Bride, these are all great movies.

• How on earth is Shaun of the Dead on this list?

50 first dates is my personal favourite, because of Drew Barrymore.

About Time is an exceptional film and quite clever.

• Groundhog Day it's one of my fav movies and 'the princess bride' movie is badass so the list isn't bad at all

• As Good As It Gets... maybe had the best line in movie history. Pretty much should have just quit writing movies after this gem, or at least only produce silent movies going forward. Impossible to top this...😂😂😂😂
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wse_hgca220

• I was pulled to see Finding Dory but I got to see Warcraft. Next is Secret Lives Of Pets (She even knows the release dat which is July 7th). I will have to find a good one for me. Marvel movies don't count because we both like them.

• I watched About Time through rental and had to buy it on Bluray when i got my paycheck. Still find that movie spectacular.

• Good rom-coms: Submarine, It's Kind of a Funny Story, Swingers

• You forgot that one with ryan Reynolds and sand bullock, forgot its name but she's about to be deported and ropes him into a sham marriage only to actually fall for each other, also the one with adam sandler and jennifer anniston? Rachel from friends

• Not sure I really call some of these romantic comedies, but suprised Warm bodies wasent on this list anyway, I kinda liked that one anyway.

• Anyone who recommends full metal jacket has never seen past the 1st 20 minutes

• I've seen that Movie from the Buzz Cuts to Mickey Mouse several times over. And if I was being talked into watching a Rom Com I would only agree if she watched one of my "guy" movies like Full Metal Jacket.

• Why do I have to sit through 10 and all i get is 3... I call BS.

Groundhog day was decent. I actually really liked Sleepless in Seattle.

• Those 3 were listed as compromises to get a guy to sit through just ONE of those other films.