6 of the Most Underrated TV Shows Of All Time

Sure, some of them were popular, some even ran for years, some were rated highly on IMDB...but none of this truly means they were appreciated as they should've been.

Underrated > should have gotten a lot more credit than they did and have been ignored when it came to acknowledging greatness, originality, substance and pure ingenuity.

In order of underestimation:

6. The Office

Most Underrated TV Shows Of All Time

5. Freaks and Geeks

4. Dexter

3. That 70's Show

2. Buffy the Vampire Slayer

1. Arrested Development

LittleSally is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 27

• Penny Dreadful is grossly underrated
    So is Orphan black :(

• that 70s and buffy can't be considered underrated in my opinion since they were given primetime air slots, were ratings beasts, and ran for signficiant periods of time. The British Office is underrated but clearly had it's impact since it lead to the American Office which was a ratings hit

i 100% agree about arrested development. terribly and sadly underrated. Maybe one of the best comedies ever

• Lol your kidding right? Buffy was rated as the best vampire slayer TV series ever created and That 70s Show was really popular when it aired, and Dexter is actually quite a good show that a lot of people love.

Everything else on the list though totally agree.

• Dexter is one of my fav shows ever!

• Freaks and geeks under rated? wtf

• Underrated? Bet you can't name this dog!
    media.giphy.com/media/x0p3e0R5RcvsI/giphy.gif

• That 70's show hahaha! The father! Hilarious.

• Arrested Development is the essential comedy show. It's unbelievably good. It should be a law that every person has to watch at least the first 3 seasons.
    Same with The Office and South Park.

• "Underrated"? These are all incredibly popular, critically acclaimed shows.

• DEXTER

DEXTER

DEXXTTTTTTEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR

And where's Lost lol

• Oh, I thought Lost was overrated. Greatly so. But hey, all these takes are subjective...

• I WILL BITE U IN THE EARLOBE

Ya opinions differ, Dexter and Lost tie for me at position number 1. Then comes the Walking Dead

• a lot of those shows did really well.

• I've never heard of Arrested Development ever!

• Buffy, Dexter and That 70's Show are great tv shows, definitely among my favorites. I haven't seen Freaks and Geeks, Arrested Development and The Office, are they good?

• They're excellent.

• Not childish witty, but real, educated witty.

• I see, ok, lol :P

• With the possible exception of #5 these were all hugely popular and successful. Do you mean underrated by not winning awards? I know Buffy won a ton of them, same with The Office.

• that 70's show was fucking cool dude.

• I only watched The Office, Freaks and Geeks and Buffy - Freaks and Geeks, yes was good and did not get the attention it deserved but The Office was quite a bit of a cult programme in the UK and Ireland - I thought the show was okay but I didn't get into it as much as others - I thought Buffy was quite popular in the US and UK market, I thought it was the biggest fantasy programme, it probably came a bit early as vampire/fantasy programmes are huge now.

• God I hate Ricky Gervais. He's Jeremy Clarkson without the charm.

• Freaks and Geeks was awesome. Undeclared was great, too.

• I don't think Buffy, that 70s show, and Dexter is that underrated.

• Naked and Afraid beats them all!

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 11

• Maybe like... two of these are underrated but everything else? I mean, Buffy, That 70's Show, and Dexter are not underrated at all...

• TRUE

• I loved Dexter ughh him in 6 feet under wo hooo

• "Underrated " ? You mean "overrated " ?

• Dexter and Buffy are fantastic, I don't think they are underrated.

• I love the office and arrested development. i watched that 7s show so i must have liked it haven't seen freaks & geeks. .. the rest i just can't get unto. too silly. :)

• I really like Freaks and Geeks

• I think The Office is incredibly overrated. I mean yeah, it's good but it also gets given this cult status as an amazing show and I don't think it's all that.

I know Brits will probably be mad but I actually prefer the American version. Dwight Shrewt alone makes the show awesome.

• Loved the Office. The cringe was delicious! My boyfriend has all the buffy episodes and I've seen a few, they look quite good. I tried Dexter but didn't like it. Not seen the others.

Orphan black is another one. Haven't kept up with it though.

• Freaks and Geeks and That '70s Show! Yesss! 😎

• Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Dexter are one of the most popular show in my country