Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 7

• Boy you really do love movies and seem to know quite a bit about them. Thanks for recommendations.

• So you just posted a list of movies that haven't been copied? And you called it a mytake? Do you even try?

• I've seen 4 of these. Old Boy is favourite. Whole Vengeance Trilogy is awesome!
    Lady Vengeance > Old Boy > Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance. Each film has the best Asian actors of current generation.

• I really like "Memento". :D Despite the uncommon condition of the main character (Guy Pearce) that leaves him with very little short-term memory, the filmmakers made great use of that premise to explore how memory works for people in general.

It shows how our memories can be distorted with time and error and what we WANT to believe, and how we often build a faulty reality (to some degree) from those faulty memories.

It also shows how we sometimes lie to ourselves, and convince ourselves of those lies, just because we want something so badly.

• Excellent recommendations! I have only seen a few of these! #homework

• Practical Magic and The Fifth Element are my favorites on this list. Great Take, as always ;)

• 90s Nicole Kidman and Sandra Bullock in the same movie. :D That was the greatest lol.

• @nfigure Indeed :D

• Isn't Hard Candy that movie with cutting off penis?

What Girls Said 8