10 Strangely Original Movies In a Sea Of Copies

1. The Fifth Element (1997)

Strangely Original Movies In the Sea Of Copies

2. Oldboy (2003)

3. El laberinto del fauno (2006)

4. Memento (2000)

5. Hard Candy (2005)

6. Requiem for a Dream (2000)

7. Big Fish (2003)

8. The Silence of the Lambs (1991)

9. A Clockwork Orange (1971)

10. Practical Magic (1998)

87
LittleSally is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• I really like "Memento". :D Despite the uncommon condition of the main character (Guy Pearce) that leaves him with very little short-term memory, the filmmakers made great use of that premise to explore how memory works for people in general.

It shows how our memories can be distorted with time and error and what we WANT to believe, and how we often build a faulty reality (to some degree) from those faulty memories.

It also shows how we sometimes lie to ourselves, and convince ourselves of those lies, just because we want something so badly.

Most Helpful Girl

Sponsored

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 6

• I've seen 4 of these. Old Boy is favourite. Whole Vengeance Trilogy is awesome!
    Lady Vengeance > Old Boy > Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance. Each film has the best Asian actors of current generation.

• Practical Magic and The Fifth Element are my favorites on this list. Great Take, as always ;)

• 90s Nicole Kidman and Sandra Bullock in the same movie. :D That was the greatest lol.

• @nfigure Indeed :D

• So you just posted a list of movies that haven't been copied? And you called it a mytake? Do you even try?

• Excellent recommendations! I have only seen a few of these! #homework

• Boy you really do love movies and seem to know quite a bit about them. Thanks for recommendations.

• Isn't Hard Candy that movie with cutting off penis?

What Girls Said 7

• I saw requiem for a dream, because of the soundtrack and the movie poster, I didn't know what it was about. So, it did caught me unaware. It's a real, raw, strong film about how it really is being a drug addict and how it makes your life suck and all your dreams are crashed.

• Great list! :)

• El laberinto del fauno is absolutely one of my favorite movies of all time.

I adore the fifth element. As for the others I haven't seen but would like to.

• i've never seen any of these. should i watch them?

• Yup! All are great - to me... but it depends on what your taste is...

• i like romance and like... uplifting movies

• Hmmmm... then maybe 1, 7 and 10 may be more your speed. Mind you, all of these have some sort of depth and darkness to them, but the key to these is they have a happy ending and the movie has uplifting scenes... as well as dramatic, thrilling ones.

Maybe take a look, see if they're for you.

• I don't get this myTake...
    I've seen 1, 2, 3, 7, 8

• I totally agree with 4 + 5 + 6... all were beyond brilliant.

• I liked Pan's Labyrinth and Big Fish. I've not seen the others. I'll put them on my list.