Everything You Need to Know About Selfies

All You Need To Know About Selfies

Selfie info:

There is more than enough social medias today that people post selfies, belfies and other pictures in. The appeal of selfies comes from how easy they are to take and share, and the control they give us to how we present ourselves. I myself don't really like selfies, because they are so self centered. But group selfies is great, it allows you to have the whole squad in one picture!

Err... Well, not exactly like that. Remember to not put your finger in front of your friend!

To get a better view for example for a bigger group, you need a selfie-stick. What? For real? Yeah, this is the day we are living in. We take selfies and lots of them. People take selfies in the most dangerous places and everywhere. I am sure you all have heard of the selfie accidents there have been. They aren't just a few, there is a huge list of them.

Here is a list of selfie injuries

Here is a few pics that makes you wanna ask why we live in this world:

Selfies has become a huge trend

Now people take selfies on a daily base, before it was only on special occasions or so. Now it is like a diary to many young and why not older people too. It has been to show process and show our mood. On snapchat we send quick selfies that dissapear after seeing them. They are temporary and we don't even mean to save the selfies we take nowadays. Before all photographs was to be printed out and they were more valuable. Now they are just moments, memories that no one holds on to.

How to take a perfect selfie

Because selfies is very common now, it would be great if everyone learned how to take them. It isn't very hard. Some people put way too much effort in it, because in their selfies they look more or less like some barbie doll and not at all like the person behind them. It looks fake and fake is never good. Not even on selfies.

To take a good selfie you need to bring the best you and your phone, with a front camera. With the back camera you could actually get better pics, but you can't see how it looks before it is already taken. But back to the subject "to take a perfect selfie", you need bright light - not too bright though. See what light makes your face look the best, shows the structure of your face best.

People always tell us to choose our "better side" of our face. Everyone has a better side, but it hasn't to be in their face. But that's just my opinion. See if you have a better side and take the image slightly tilted to that side from an higher angle, with the camera tilted just a little down. Be careful to not take it overboard, because then you look more or less like an alien. Remember that usually "smile is the curve that makes all roads straight". So: Say CHEESE!

How to not take a selfie

There is a lot of men who take their selfies from a low angle and it is never good. Look at this for example:

Sorry guys, but you will have to understand that this doesn't make you look at all taller or more attractive.

Also, don't try too much:

Taking this type of selfies without your shirt on and a weird so called "sexy" face on makes you actually look like scumbags and slimy bastards.

And last but not least, to all girls out there who takes pics with this pose:

Just don't, not anymore. It is out already! at least most of us hope so.

#selfie #allyouneedtoknow

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 10

• I suck at making selfies lol
    The one I have on my profile is my very first and most successful one thus far :D

• Haha, actually that is a quite good one. But maybe taken a bit too high 😉

• But ot course haha. I'm no the dumb type to go around takimg selfiea at every location lol

• Good good! Then it is a good one 😄

• Or don't take any

• Selfie = I'm insecure and need compliments

• Nowadays it is so common it doesn't necessarily mean that anymore. But it is very self centered and still not anything I like.

• Big difference between "trying too hard" for a selfie and exchanging a different facial expression other than the typical smile. Kim and Justin look fine. It's their album (instagram) and have more than enough likes so why say their photo is wrong by example if there's over 800,000 likes for each of them?

• They get their likes because they are famous. I think the amount of likes really doesn't have a connection with what people really find nice. It is just a doubletap on the screen. But well, if you are just after likes just show as much skin as possible and make that duckface if you want. But usually it is famous people who get those likes, even when they make duckface.

• Ah selfies - To be honest the only reason I take them is for profile pics and they are not the least bit spontaneous - Usually straight after a shower, I take 20 of them then pick the least horrible, edit it a bit then put it on my profile.

• That female in the first picture is HOT!

• that face that justin bieber makes a lot of girls make it also and its a turn off to be honest.

• Good take :)

• I have never taken a selfie and I dont plan to

• Women look far more better with long hair. Don't shave your hair.

• 😂 where did this come from?

• @YourFutureEx it is different. I didn't see that she does. It is sad.

• Yeah of course I watched the video, have actually seen it before too. I just didn't connect this comment with it. She looks good with short hair too. And I have a question about female hairstyles, so I thought you were referring to that 😂😂

What Girls Said 3

• Some people take selfies because it makes them feel good about themselves. I know my younger cousin does it for that reason. It's not something that I enjoy doing, but I try to be understanding of why other people might like to do it.

• Yeah, I understand that. It really is, but it still is a little weird. 😄

• There are a lot of worse things they could be doing, you know? I would rather my baby cousin is obsessed with taking selfies than taking heroin, for example.

• I know. When did I say it was that bad? :D I take selfies too, not so often though. Your cousin is a normal young person in this day we are living in. As I said it is part of the culture now. I mean, it is very common.

• Pretty sure you just wear a low cut top and make a duck face, pretty much covers it.

• Wow!!

• I don't know wether this is a good or bad "wow" but thanks anyways 😄