A Love for Old Hollywood Movies: 7 Timeless Classics :)

Hello Guys & Dolls

This is my 1st MyTake ever and I'm really excited about it! While I was all cozied up in my blanket watching old Hollywood Movies on Netflix, I thought "Why not do a MyTake on one of my favorite things" - Old Hollywood movies! =)

Ever since I was a child my mother and grandparents have always watched old Hollywood movies, which has given me a great appreciation for them, as well as the costumes, characters, choreography, singing, story lines, and overall production. So, below is a list some of my favorite old Hollywood Movies. :) Also, I wonder if others share a love for these old movies as well, if so comment at the end.

#1- Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1953)

Now, I love the Gorgeous Marilyn Monroe but I also like Jane Russell, especially the personality difference between their characters. Even though Marilyn is all about money & diamonds and Jane's character is more sassy and about finding love, they watch out for one another and in some way their personalities balance out their friendship.

Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend! -Marilyn Monroe

#2- Some Like it Hot (1959)

Starring Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis, & Jack Lemmon, great comedy!

"After witnessing a Mafia murder, slick saxophone player Joe and his long-suffering buddy, Jerry improvise a quick plan to escape from Chicago with their lives. Disguising themselves as women, they join an all-female jazz band and hop on a train bound for sunny Florida."

#3 - "On the Town" (1949)

Starring Gene Kelly (Amazing Dancer, just saying lol) & Frank Sinatra (aka old Blue Eyes).

"Three Fun-loving sailors have a 24 hour leave off shore in New York City, and they want to make every second count".

#4- Guys & Dolls (1955)-

Nathan Detroit: If a guy did not have a doll, who would holler on him?

Starring Frank Sinatra, Marlon Brando, two major Hotties! :) This movie is filled with zoot suits, craps games, jazzy music, love, and humor, which keeps it lively & interesting.

#5- Gone with the Wind (1939)

Now this movie won 10 Oscars, enough said! For some reason, I like the hate-love relationship between Scarlet & Rhett haha. Not to mention the Major Technicolor in this movie, wow!

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

-Rhett Butler

#6- The Great Gatsby (1974)

My favorite, Hands Down! I First read it in the 10th grade, been in love with it ever since. =) I even like the 2013 version with Leonardo Dicaprio.

How do you do, old sport? I'm Gatsby.

#7- Lastly, White Christmas (1954)

I know it's summer people but Christmas is fun, even in the Summer! Also, having a chance to hear Bing Crosby sing, can make any day of the year a good one! ;)

Oh, Vermont should be beautiful this time of the year, with all that snow. -Judy Haynes

Now, I know this my first Mytake and I'm still learning but I think it's a good first one...what do you think. Do you like old Hollywood movies too? If so tell me which one and why. :)

Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed! =D

#Movies #Hollyowood

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 1

Nice picks!

I like a lot of old movies, too. It's nice to be able to sit and watch something with dialogue, and without the camera moving at lightning speed every two and a half seconds. :P

Philadelphia Story is up there for me, as is Easter Parade, The Apartment and many others.

Aww thanks. :) Yeah i totally agree! I haven't seen Easter parade and the other two you mentioned, I'll have to add them to my Netflix list lol. :) Out of the three movies u mentioned, which one is your favorite?

What Girls Said 1

Love this take :)
    I really like any Audrey Hepburn movies, and also this film called 'Made in Paris'.

Thank you!! :D Yeah Audrey Hepburn has good movies. :) I have one of her movies on my Netflix list that I need to watch. She's on a motorscyle/scooter with a guy. Ooo I'll have to check out 'made in Paris'. :)

Awesome :) Hope you enjoy it :)

Thank you, Im sure I will. :)