5 Movie Scenes That Make Me Cry Every Time

SPOILER warning: if you haven't seen some of these and don't know the ending already, don't watch! Don't watch if you're wearing mascara, either 😭

Thelma and Louise - "Just Keep Going"

This is one I connect with a lot. The problem with running away always seems to be that when you get there, you're back where you started. The joy and excitement mixed with sadness in this scene always gets me. It's heartbreakingly bittersweet.

Good Will Hunting - "It's Not Your Fault"

A man crying always makes me cry. I really enjoyed watching the connection these two had. I wish there were more men like this, today. The final scene in this movie was a tear jerker, too ("Sorry, I Had to Go See About a Girl")

The Black Swan - "I Was Perfect"

An all-consuming quest for perfection that takes more than it gives. A lot of people can probably identify with this. Natalie was beautifully tragic in this movie.

Now, Voyager - "Don't Let's Ask For the Moon, We Have the Stars"

An oldie but goodie. Sometimes people come into our lives for a reason. They may not play the role we expected and that can be painful, but sometimes it's better to be thankful we have them to begin with.

Steel Magnolias - "I Wanna Know Why..I Don't Think I Can Take This"

I'm not a mom and I might never be, but I think it's pretty universally understood that losing a child is the worst thing that can happen to a person. Dally Fields captured the emotions perfectly and if this doesn't make you cry you might have problems.

These also happen to be some of my favorite movies. If anyone else has scenes to share, I'd love to watch! A good cry can be healthy. Hope you enjoyed this take and brought tissues!

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 12

What Girls Said 4

Cool! A scene that makes me cry is:

It's one of the last scenes in the movie so don't watch unless you've seen the movie. Also, I recommend watching the whole movie beforehand anyway, in order to get the most emotional impact.

A loner has no friends and is constantly bullied at school and abused by her religious fanatic mother who LOVES her, but abuses her because she thinks she HAS to.
    Carrie has a strong desire to be normal and fit in at school. "I have to try and be a whole person before it's too late." A girl at school feels bad for her & asks her boyfriend to take her to prom. He does, and Carrie finally feels accepted and happy for the first time in her life. She gets nominated Prom Queen.
    Spoilers onward.
    But other bullies in the school plotted a trick to play on her, humiliating her in her one moment of glory. She lashes back and takes vengeance upon her town with telekinetic powers.
    When she goes home, her mom stabs her because she thinks she's possessed by satan. Carrie defends herself which ends up killing her mom.

In the end, Carrie is heartbroken, holding onto her mom. The one girl from school comes in, trying to help her. Carries a wreck, her house is falling apart, because of how upset she is. She had finally had the night of her life & been accepted, and now her life was in shambles.

I cry evry tim

Great mytake.

Those movie scenes made me cry too.