4 War Movies that Teach us Lessons in Humanity

I am not a great fan of war movies but here is a list of special ones that can make you feel like a better human.

If you haven't watched them yet... Congrats, you have yet to experience a joy of seeing a masterpiece.

I'll try not to say too much about these movies; you can just watch a trailer and pick which one you want to watch tonight.

4. The Book Thief

This is a movie about pure friendship, love, childhood and death.

Even though that movie is really powerful, it's nowhere as powerful as the book. So I advise you to read a book first and then enjoy watching it.

3. Schindler's List

I'll probably never get bored of watching this movie. It is so emotional and kind with its super touching soundtrack.

Actually, it's an instruction how to stay human in a war, when almost everyone else becomes a heartless killer. It is really exciting for me that the movie is based on a true story. Plus, pay attention to the little details while watching it, cause It is a movie full of little "secrets". Almost every scene has a story behind it. That's something that makes the movie unique.

Now... *Spoiler Alert*

I want to share with you my favourite dialogue between Oskar Schindler and Amon Goeth.

Oskar Schindler: Power is when we have every justification to kill, and we don't.

Amon Goeth: You think that's power?

Oskar Schindler: That's what the Emperor said. A man steals something, he's brought in before the Emperor, he throws himself down on the ground. He begs for his life, he knows he's going to die. And the Emperor... pardons him. This worthless man, he lets him go.

Amon Goeth: I think you are drunk.

Oskar Schindler: That's power, Amon. That is power.

2. Tangerines

I won't write about it too much. I'll just say that It is one of the best war movies for me and I'm sure you won't regret watching it. To get the core of the movie at its best you need to read a story behind it...

And first place goes to...

1. Joyeux Noël

1914.

Britain, France and Germany..

Christmas Truce.

The most breathtaking story about enemies, friendship, war and peace. It really made my heart melt. I've never felt so good while watching a war movie.

This movie is about greatest victory of humanity, kindness and friendship. Peace and happiness is something that everyone wants. It doesn't matter where and why you fight, we all want to live and to be happy, all of us have lovely people waiting at home. We are not from different camps and different sides. There's only one side and only one rule "Live and Let Live".

I saw Joyeux Noël yesterday night and it's the main reason for writing this MyTake. I am sure you will enjoy watching that movie just as much I did!

If you know any other war movies, share them.

And If you've watched any of these movies, tell me your thoughts!

#Movies

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 11

I watched Schindler's List when it first came out and I have ZERO intention of watching it again.

Don't get me wrong, it's an incredible movie and it condemns the ugliness humanity suffered during that terrible period in an ingenious way. No doubt. I just can't watch it again... I got it the first time around and frankly, the older I get, the less ugliness I want to see. ;)

I fully understand what you say. I agree It is really hard to see again.
      Thanks for your opinion :)

Good movies.

All very good movies... Anne Frankly a nice my_take.
    Shaving Ryans Privates... I mean Saving Private Ryan is a great movie.
    Apocolypse Now is a movie based on Joeseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness.
    It was certainly a #throwback for me. It was necessarily true to the book considering these were completely different time periods but overall the theme remained the same.
    The Hurt Locker (2008)
    Lone Survivor (2014)
    Jarhead (2005)

But Hands down Best War Movie Ever: Black Hawk Down (2001)
    Drama is a different tone and it requires a different list.

I don't think any of the movies about the Nazi era are as wrenching as reading the memoirs of those were there. A couple months ago I was up late and bored (just like tonight) and I looked up the testimony from the Eichmann trial in the early 60's.

One woman told of an example of Nazi "mercy"; the SS man about to shoot her and her ten-year-old daughter asked her preference as to which one to shoot first. She survived her wound and played dead in the pit until nightfall.

Another survivor told of working sorting clothes from the gas chamber victims at Treblinka, and finding the dresses of his young sisters.

I always find such stories more affecting than fictional recreations.

I've always wanted to see Joyeux Noel.

I liked Windtalkers because of the badass action scenes.

Love the book thief. Liesel Meminger is absolutely adorable. And i was surprised to see Barbossa in that movie lol

How did you miss flowers of war

Or movie about ayrton senna ; p

Racing war ; p

Heck!
      That's my soft spot.
      Man, Ayrton Senna, He's my favourite racer.
      Rain man <3
      Yeap his races are wars haha

What Girls Said 4