John Ritter: The Man, The Legend

I would like to take a few moments to honor a kind, gentle man that filled many of our minds and hearts with top notch performances in theater, television, and film.

Born from and into the culture of Hollywood

John's parents were already famed in Tinseltown with his father "Tex" popularizing some of the earliest country to be aired on the radiowaves. His mother, a prominent Western star also shared the silver screen with her husband in four feature films. John was initially interested in the study of the mind, but quickly changed to the actions of people. He switched his major from psychology to Theater Arts.

A new star is born!

To his own credit and the dismay of his father, John went from preforming in plays to pursue a career in television. Working on his range and landing roles on popular shows such as The Walton's and M.A.S.H. And of course... THREE'S COMPANY!

Mr. Tripper at his finest..

Further venture into film

From a great performance in an otherwise terrible 2nd act of "IT" to a wonderful starring role in Stay Tuned , John continued to be a inspiration in my life and others. His role in Sling Blade, Bride of Chucky, and Bad Santa are worth at least honorable mention.

A day to celebrate his work and impact

John Ritter sadly passed on September 11th 2003. Today would have been his 68th birthday..

I believe today should be a day to honor and remember Mr. Ritter for the laughter and bit of light that he shined on this world. Happy Birthday John!

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 3

He truly was a really talented man and now that I'm thinking better your takes are cool

Well written great tribute to a very talented man. the Episode of 10 simple rules following his passing was one of the sadestand speacal tv moments I've seen

He was fantastic in Threes Company. He was born for that role. He was great in Bride Of Chucky too. Hard to believe he has been gone for so long now.

What Guys Said 4

He was a great actor and kind soul. His son was the voice of Dipper on Gravity Falls

Stay Tuned is an epic movie, I've seen it plenty of times.

Yes great take - I have many fond memories of the man

My brother knew him. He was a very charismatic and kind person in real life.