5 People You Probably Didn't Recognize in Video Games

This Take was spurred on when I realized that an actor I like was in one of my favorite games of all time, Fallout New Vegas, not after recognizing him during the well over 300 hours I'd sunk into the game, but after reading the Wikipedia page for it so here we go.

Danny Trejo as Raul the Ghoul Companion in Fallout New Vegas

This is where this all came from. It took me a trip to Wikipedia to realize that Danny Trejo voices Raul the Vigilante/Cowboy/Mechanic/Ghoul Companion. Now this one is more known that some of the others here.

Susan Sarandon as Granny Rags in Dishonored

You might know Susan Sarandon from movies like Thelma and Louise but you probably didn't recognize her as the cannibalistic yet not hostile witch Granny Rags in Dishonored, who is at war with the Gangster Slackjaw. Now the Developer wanted to make her be the kind of villain that you'd like but most people (myself included) like Slackjaw better, to the point where you have to choose to either help kill a tied up Slackjaw or free him and ice Granny Rags. Most people stab Granny Rags in the neck (myself included).

Lance Henrikson as Admiral Hackett in the Mass Effect Series

I only learned this recently but Admiral Hackett is voiced by the actor Lance Henrikson, who had notable roles like Bishop in the Aliens franchise.

Samuel L. Jackson as Officer Frank Tenpenny in GTA San Andreas

Samuel Jackson plays the Antagonist of GTA San Andreas who really is set up as worse than your character but considering how most GTA players play, he's probably a saint compared to you.

Astronaut Buzz Aldrin voices the Stargazer at the end of Mass Effect 3

Yeah, that guy at the end who is in the bonus scene after the credits is Buzz Aldrin. Which, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure makes this the only science-fiction video game whose cast includes a guy who actually went to space, let alone set foot on the goddamn moon.

Waffles731 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 6

I only knew about the last 2

Very cool! Last fact is very cool :)

Well I have never seen those games either😂

Wow that's awesome! I never really paid attention to the voices behind the characters XD

i knew the mass effect ones cause i'm obsessed with mass effect
    but the others i didn't! awesome!

Dude... you have a hard on for Danny Trejo. Dont you?

Is he not awesome?

Yeah he is a good actor. At least you aren't denying it... lol

Hell even Kris Kristofferson as Chief Hanlon

What Guys Said 10

There are tons of Celebs in Video games. Mass Effect, Dragon Age and Command & Conquer have kinda of cornered the market on Famous Voices. But some randoms that I enjoyed were:
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, featured the voices of Burt Reynolds, Gary Busey and Dennis Hopper. Gary Oldman voiced the dragon Ignitus, who appeared in all three Spyro games. He also voiced both Sergeant Viktor Reznov and Daniel Clarke in the Call of Duty games World at War and Black Ops, and has lent his voice to a number of other games as well.

Fallout: New Vegas is your favorite game of all time?

'sigh'

Young people. :P

i've only played GTA and i did recognize taht was Sam Jackson's voice. and his partner in the game was Michael Penn the brother of Sean Penn who died a while back

I love looking up the voice actors for games. (Should have posted Martin Sheen as the Illusive Man, though that one is kind of obvious.)

What about Max Von Sydow as Esbern from Skyrim🙂? i.kinja-img.com/.../18hazym0p75rtjpg.jpg

Granny Rags creeped the F out of me when I played Dishonored.. she'd just appear out of nowhere behind your back and then the camera zooms in on her... holy shit :D

You forgot Leonard Nimoy as Xehanort in Kingdom Hearts.

I love the Mas Effect games.

I liked them a lot,
      Now I honestly can't really remember why.

As powerful the reapers were described to be, they wouldn't have been defeated by force. So I guess the ending made more sense.

It was still a let down

i had no clue that officer tenpenny was samuel l jakson.

Never played any of these.
    But check out the acting profile of the actor of Booker DeWitt from Bioshock: Infinite