Why I Never Care About the Lives of Celebrities

I can sum it all up in one word: Unimportant. Let me begin by stating that, yes, celebs can do important things and contribute to the world. In fact, a lot of celebrities do.

Many travel around the world fighting for causes that are extremely important. When I say their goings-on are unimportant, I am not speaking about this. I got this out of the way first in order to give them credit where it is due.

When I say their goings-on are unimportant, I'm talking about their personal lives. Their relationships, who got plastic surgery, who's feuding with who, how they handle their money, how their relationship is with their kids, what they wore to the red carpet, if they're still in "beach bod" shape, how much skin Miley showed on stage. It all simply doesn't, never did, and never will matter.

Celebrities are people. They are just people. No different from anyone on your street. The only difference is they have lots of money. They go to the store. They work out. They go to the park. They have friends. They have pets. They have kids. They pay taxes... Maybe. They speak. They eat. They breath. They poop. If you ever wanted to know what it was like to be with a celebrity, imagine them doing what they're famous for, for hours, and then go watch your neighbor sit on their ass. There you have it.

These things effect nothing but the lives of the celebs involved. Yet, people are obsessed with it. People eat, sleep, and breathe these people as if they'll miss the cure for cancer if they stop. They chatter continuously back and forth, dropping names and regurgitating the latest Hollywood gossip. It's honestly nauseating. For example - I dread even bringing it up - the Brad and Angelina divorce. This blew up the internet. It was as if Kim Jung Un decided to relinquish his power and adopt a democratic style of government with an education program to reintroduce the people of North Korea to the world of 2016 and desensitize them of the indoctrinated belief that Kim Jong Un and his family are anything more than a family of sociopathic maniacal power hungry dictators.

But no. This was not the case. Nothing of global importance happened. It's basically just as if high schools power couple broke up.

This is true about literally anything in their personal lives. Just like the power couple in high school; nothing in their lives affects anything outside their lives. So I just don't get the point of even paying attention to these people. Kim Kardashian got robbed in France. Yeah, so did lots of other people. The only reason it's even news is because she's famous.

I don't value their opinions, unless they have proven outside of their fame that they're worth hearing. I don't care what products they endorse. I don't care what their stances are on key issues around the world. Their opinions on anything whatsoever carry equal weight to the opinions of strangers on the bus. Just like anything else, what matters is what is verifiable and can be evidenced. I don't believe anything just because somebody told it to me. That's ridiculous in any case. I care about them to the extent of what new movies are coming out and do I want to see them. Outside of that I absolutely do not care and never will.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 6

Only part of any celebrities' life i care about is how they're handling their depression/anxiety, and that's really only if they're a musician I like. Cause you know that stuff's gonna work its way into their music, and if we're being honest it's nice having someone who made it big who you can look at and say "they had to deal with the same things I'm dealing with"

i agree

I don't know who the F wastes their time and breath on them?

Lots of people do. If you're from a place where they don't, I envy you.

Oops, meant to tag @FemaleAssassin

I don't think men get obssesed over those unless ofcourse if it's a playboy magazine lol.

It's like you've read my thoughts. I feel the same way as you. Especially with everyone being so obsessed on here about their divorce, the robbery, Taylor Swift, Nicki Minaj and so many others. Like who cares? These people don't even know we exist. Their lives are unimportant to me just as mine is to them. They're just people, but the public likes to treat them like they're gods. It's ridiculous. There's even people on here who hate, and I mean genuinely hate celebs. How? You've never even met them! xD

I agree. I think sometimes celebrity gossip is just something mindless for people to talk about when they need a break from work. Would never dream of taking it seriously or becoming too interested.

I don't care because I have better things to worry about than being jealous over how rich they are.

What Guys Said 13

I honestly just dislike the kardashians a lot and don't get why people put them on a pedestal, like just why? They do nothing, they're not even good celebrities because I don't see them do anything for anyone.

Agreed. Never understood the fascination and frankly, the only proper response to any celebrity blathering about politics and society is to roll one's eyes.

I never cared about celebs outside of their movies/songs/etc
    Good take

Well said , IDGAF either !!

This sums up how it is for me.

https://youtu.be/H7b5hJ0G_9c

.

I cared about Paul Walker

So you treat them like pretty much strangers. who cares right.

You are not obliged to care in the first place. You imply that there is automatically some elusive stigma to be attached someone for being famous.

I feel the same way.
    Also, pardon me, but are you really 100 years old?

I like how meta this take was

I don't care about the lives of celebrities because I don't care about people that have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH MY LIFE

Yes, great premise for a take - If they are doing something worthwhile like charitable or humanitarian work I will suit them but usually I consign it to the bin of narcissism and attention seeking.

I never cared about their lives either.