Rant: Disney Channel is Complete TRASH!

After reading the title of this article you're probably like, "No shit Sherlock! Tell us something we don't know." Yeah, I understand how annoyed you are with people complaining about how shitty Disney has gotten the past years and etc. but I wanna give my take on this subject.

A couple weeks ago I was flipping through channels, when all of a sudden, I realized it was October. And since it's October, that means all the good old 90s movies played on Disney channel. Okay, yeah, I'm aware they came on at like 1 or 2 in the morning BUT STILL!!! Anyway, I got extremely happy so I went to Guide to see what time they premiered.

....Nothing was showing.

So I'm like okay...?¿ Maybe they'll come on tomorrow. So I checked that and still nothing. I check for the rest of the week and still NOTHING!!! I literally almost turned into the hulk and smashed my TV.

THEY FUCKING TOOK OFF ALL THE OLD Halloween MOVIES!!! 😡😖👿

Random Person: But they still aired all the HalloweenTown mov-"

FUCK. THOSE. MOVIES!!!!

You don't understand how annoyed I get every time a damn HalloweenTown movie comes on. Like IS THAT THE ONLY FUCKING MOVIE THEY HAVE ON HERE?!? Show the other underrated movies for once.

SHOW THESE FOR GOODNESS SAKES!!!!!

Okay...I'm done ranting. I just gotta face reality. Everything changes. 😔 Feel free to rant too.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 15

I'll always have my favorite Disney movies, but in truth I'll never look at them the same again now that I know about the secret sexual symbols that were slipped into the older movies. And, yes, I do believe there is an "Illuminati" connection with Disney.

The only thing I really liked about Disney was the Sunday Night Movie. That's where I got to see Flight of the Navigator and Not Quite Human for the first time. It was fun when you heard the Disney intro music. And it was usually the only two hours my family shut the hell up! Lol

Remember when disney channel had a cool movie every Friday night to watch.

I agree. The Disney Channel has not been good since the late 1990s to the early 2000s. I long for the days when it used to play those awesome albeit underrated films. The good thing about the channel was that these films appealed to people of all ages, from small children to adults. It seems like today the channel is only marketed toward 9-12 year olds, as I cannot fathom how anyone past the age of 12 would like the crap they play now.

Well, yeah. But given the average age of the Disney Channel viewer, showing movies from the '90s makes little sense from a marketing standpoint. ;)

As you say, everything changes. I hate when a radio station plays Christmas "music" these days, it all blows and doesn't sound like music to me. But I'm not the majority, now am I? :P

I saw Don't Look Under the Bed when I was like 4 or 5 and I remember the part where the boogieman (boogieperson) grabbed the kid sitting on the edge of his bed. It terrified me. I also saw Phantom of the Megaplex and Halloween Town. I don't think I've ever seen any of the others. I was more of a Cartoon Network kid.

Disney Channel has always been trash. It's never not been trash.

The problem with Disney, is not that it's "trash" (which it's not, and I think you're completely insane to think it is), but that, it's for women only. All the shows, are about the main girl, making it relate-able to women only. Yes, Austin And Ally was about "Austin AND Ally" but, it really was more about Ally, and her fear of stage fright. Name me one Disney channel show, that is ABOUT the man

... Cory in the House?

I know none of the newer show names. I do agree with your point though, Past and Present Disney hasn't shown much in the way of a male protagonist. The Suite Life and Cory in the House are the only older ones I can think of, and you'd think they'd have more now.

Even Boy Meets World got "Girl Meets World". I watch it because it's a cool show buttttt, why should I watch a show about girl?

Oh I'm 23 so I don't really give a shit about disney anymore lol

its a money making machine so on that level its great. they have always produced shit though

It's not just Halloween movies. Disney in general sucks now. That is why instead of making new quality media they just buy the rights to others like Marvel, and Star Wars.

It could be worse, one of my movie channels started its 24/7 Christmas season two weeks ago.

I hate everything that disney makes. It's complete trash.

Lol thats why I don't watch TV.

Just with your phone you can watch any movie and any show you want, minus the ads you get on TV.

I think ABC family or freeform or, whatever the hell it calls it self these days, plays the movies you are looking for

What Girls Said 8

• 2d

perfect.

stuck in the suburbs was my shit !!! and that other movie where the teenage boy creates a clone of himself through a scientific experiment!

The Other Me? That was one of my favorites too.

@zozzita ah ok, gosh i wish i was a kid again!

well a 4 year old

Before I read anything else: YES! Modern Disney is complete garbage. It has no depth, the stories and acting are terrible.
    Twitches was so amazing!
    And I'm seeing Hocus Pocus for the first time tomorrow :D I'm so excited

lol nothing has been good since the 90's. thats why they keep remaking movies

Halloweentown was a decent movie series. They show twitches it just came on about a week or so ago and hocus pocus is more likely to air on ABC family (now freeform).

Whattt? I used to love Disney channel lol

I agree. I have absolutely nothing to watch anymore. What happened to Kim Possible, and Wizards of Waverly Place! Those were the good days.

Disney is annoying af now