The # 1 Reason the Chicago Cubs are Just SO Good

Ladies and Gentlemen, This is the Man, the Mystery and the Money Ball!

He has transformed the Chicago Cubs organization into a new dynasty. I thank him for selecting the Scientist, Joe Madden; while up in age, he is brilliant at handling young talent and allowing them to have fun playing a game.

This young, talented crew has been formed by this man., and tonight as I sit in my great room, I get to say something I haven't been able to say all my life: The Chicago Cubs are in a World Series! This is Game 3 and there is nothing like a ballgame at Wrigley.Field!

Epstein's public mission is simple and well-known: Break another curse. But privately, he came to the Cubs for something personal and nearly as important, which he doesn't talk about. In Boston, he lost control of his obsession, the belief that a collective of people can do one thing better than it's ever been done. At the very end, he became a shell of the person who fell in love with the game, stress turning into physical symptoms, like a neck that hurt so bad he couldn't turn his head more than a few degrees. His friends saw how the job changed his face. That's what they talk about when describing the cost Theo paid, how he looked different.

"There is definitely at times a hollowness to him that drives him," says one of his old Red Sox co-workers. "There's some black pockets with him that are just dark. When he's down, he goes to extremes."

As an avid baseball fan who was raised in Illinois, I have been a Cubs fan for over 30 years; I am a true fan; I have loved them and wore their gear even when they were at the bottom. I loved Ryne Sandberg, Andre Dawson, Mark Grace and today I love Javier Baez, Kyle Schwarber, and Anthony Rizzo. And I have loved Sammy Sosa, Greg Maddox and so many others in between.

Tonight, I write this to thank Theo Epstein for his brilliance, his patience, and for positioning this team not only for this night, and this series, but to be winners for years down the road. Simply put- THEO EPSTEIN, you are the MAN!

miamigirl1970 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 7

i assume you will be dressing up as 'Bartman' for Halloween?

Prefer the story of the well run Tribe on a small bankroll and the indelible charm of 'Tino' Francona. With them overcoming injuries all season

Still think the indians in 6 as I touted on here :)
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2154567-who-do-you-tip-in-the-world-series-i-think-the-cubs-are-the

I hope not, I was hoping we didn't have to return to Cleveland, but we will take the Final at Away from Wrigley just the same. Great Ball Clubs, great pitching, it is fun.

Your inability to hit is the biggest issue, need to find the stroke real quick or it will be over.

Looks like they found it!!! Sorry for the Tribe and the Hard Loss. Great Team, they will be back again too!!! This Chicago Girl can't be more happy today!

I was born and raised in Chicago. Don't get me wrong, I am happy they won but
    HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY COW. The 7th sign of the Apocolypse is here. The end is nigh. The Chicago Cubs ACTUALLY won a World Series. Ready your swords and shields! To the Elysian Fields!

Can't wait to see the trophy hoisted in Wrigley tonight.

No trophy tonight, they have to go to clean Tuesday and we'd if it goes to seven

Trophy hoisted for Chicago in Cleveland early hours of the morning... Go Chicago!

I have no allegiance to Cleveland or Chicago. I'm fine with that result because it was such a fantastic game.

The team has come along way. For them to go to the world series after a long drought is remarkable.

Um, have you seen my Indians blase your team?

I am a die hard Cubs fan, but I never say anything bad about the other team. In fact the Indians are very good, it it might all be over tonight...
      .. but on the other hand it is baseball which is not over till the last pitch

Yes, and coming back from being down 3-1 shows you just how good they really are! Better luck next time!

No, they got lucky. They actually sucked

Oh god another Chicago fan? *facepalm* Go Packers!!!

But yeah Theo is awesome thats why they finally bite the bullet and forked out huge cash to get him to come there. This was expected to happen. Didn't think it would take this long honestly

It's a great baseball team, good myTake.

What Girls Said 5

Not just "Good," @miamigirl1970 but Surrounded by God, Who after so Long, has Watched out for Them with A.. WIN!!
    God luck and Thank You for the generous Invite, hun. This was Beautifully, DONE DEAL on your own Part!! xx

• 2d

cool*

Good Take !! It's gave me more insight. Thanks 💗

Not so good this morning... were under attack all night

How was that World Series Ending? Finally, is all I can say...

We deserve good historical distractions like that! ... considering the krud our media dishes up

Go Cubs Go! My sister named her dog after Madden!