6 Hobbies That Will Make You Smarter

1. Read lots of books

Especially reading different kinds of books will improve your brain.

2. Do meditation

It will lessen your stress levels and make you focus better.

3. Solve puzzles

It's just like doing sport and having a fit body, but this time you have a fit brain.

4. Do sports

It will improve your circulating and respiratory system. And this will effect your brain too.

5. Learn a new language

It's both good for your brain and mental health.

6. Keep a diary

It will improve your creativity, imagination, and grammar.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit
Sponsored

What Guys Said 13

7. Online PC Gaming

Improves your English if you are not an English speaker, may interest you in programming, you learn how to multitask effectively and when you learn the logic of PC games by playing and winning/losing, you improve your strategical thinking.

PC Master Race!

Am I Right, @DooMGuy , @Judgmentday , @WoOolfy and @Library? :P ^^

yep, it's my new thing as well as the 5th K. R. U

"but. . . but the human eye can't see more then 30 fps"

www.dailystormer.com/.../wojak.jpg

^ that's what they would say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpQ9K5wUizQ

@DooMguy Keep in mind, that there are also PC peasants, who believe, that the human eye cannot see more than 60 frames per seconds. Luckily I have a monitor, which displays 120 frames per seconds as it is a 120 hertz capable monitor :)

Building models is also a good one as it teaches you to follow directions, plan, think creatively and problem solve. ;-)

Books generally have a lot of filler and are behind the times. There are much more efficient ways to learn more in the same time it takes to read an average book. Most of the important knowledge is stored in English. Exercise is good for the brain. Personal diaries are pointless, but a laboratory notebook can help you to retrace your steps and discover new knowledge during experimentation or prototyping. Relaxation and taking time to think when you are not working is good for innovation, but you don't need to "meditate"... Puzzles can be fun, but generally once they are considered puzzles they have already been solved.

How are books "behind the times", unless you're reading books on technology? It's not like philosophy or storytelling has suddenly made enormous strides.

@zagor We can obviously all look back at what you said and it's not what you just said. Why would you blatantly lie when the record is a few hundred pixels up the page.

Please refresh my memory; what did I lie about?

The fact that playing 'Chess' is not part of this list should be considered a sin.

I have all these hobbies. This means I'm so smart.

1, 2 and 5 are my favorite hobbies in this exquisite Take :D

Yes and no your right about some, wrong about others but overall right.

Very good advice for keeping the mind sharp

Meditation is useless heathen bullshit, and where is playing an instrument? It seems like you just arbitrarily decided which hobbies are beneficial.

Number 2 is so out of place here :D

Number 2 is my favorite.

Cool mytake.

Good suggestions, I already do most of them. I love that cat gif by the way :D

What Girls Said 10

Maybe More Motivating my Mind which is pretty Sharp, on Top of being a Wise Owl:
    Being on Gag Makes Me Motivated, Energetic, more Wise, and I myself can learn from others with even a Discussion or in a Question we Reply to.

Read, Read, Read and Read.. Avid Reader in Books that I will Read of Anything, much like "Hump Dar."lol, that I need to Research or even Read as a Pass time.

ONLINE Research on Politics and Any other Subject that is of my Interest. I love Learning all Sorts of Specialties by Online Surfing.

Traveling and Learning about Other people and their own Customs and
    Religion. I also know a little Arabic, French and Spanish. I even have Lived out in Egypt for some time. I experienced and saw a lot.

My Writing ability with Poetry, Plays and other such things, even on Here, dear, I enjoy this very much, which Sharpens my own Skills. I also participated in Writing Work shops, Participated in Speech Tournament sin school, where I have won awards, for even my Poetry and Writing Works, Out on on my Own when I had graduated High School.

Investigation ID True Murder Stories that I can learn how to Solve these Intriguing Mysteries, while at the Same time, Learn about Forensics and so Forth, Autopsies, which I enjoy as Part of a Scientific Interest I possess.

My Nursing Experience, with doing a job that I have done for awhile. I work in Different Group Homes, Assisting the Elderly, the Mentally Challenged, Teens and other People with Special Interests.
    Good luck and Great question, but "7" is my Magical Number, nothing with "6."xx

you forgot gagging
    "cough cough" :P
    anw you have also learning an instrument
    chess play
    travelling and exchange programs can help you out
    having a job and balancing it with your studies and activities.

all of which are higher on the list than keeping a diary or meditating ;)

Very cool MyTake 👍

THE CAT THE CAT THE CAT <3 <3 <3 srsly

Doing three of them

I came for the cat gif 😺

Love me some puzzle time

I am trying the language one

learning a new skill works too

I actually never knew about the diary thing