Best Movies and TV Shows to Watch for Halloween Part 2

Yes, I'm aware Halloween was last night, but tonight is Halloween Part 2. I'm going to make myself hot chocolate and eat unhealthy food.

For Halloween part one, I watched Carrie. This was the old version made in the 70's. I thought it was lame. There was no blood and gore until the last half hour of the movie. After that, I watched American Horror Story. I watch creepy tv shows all the time, so I don't think this show is especially scary. I still like it though. I also watched both the Addams Family movies. They understand me on a personal level and the movies are hilarious.

Non-Scary Options

Hocus Pocus

A group of sisters were hanged for witchcraft in 17th century Salem. 300 years later, a virgin lights a candle that brings them back to life. The kids all work together to send them back before sunrise.

Addams Family

Everyone's favorite creepy, kooky family star in these two movies. The first movie is about an impersonator claiming to be Gomez's brother, Fester. The impersonator with the help of his mother, is trying to take the Addams Family house and all their money. That isn't easy because the house is filled with black magic. Also because Wednesday is very smart and clever.

The second movie is about the Addams Family trying to save Uncle Fester from his new wife who is a gold digger/serial killer. Wednesday quickly found out she is a gold digger. So Festers wife convinces Morticia and Gomez to send Wednesday and Pugsley to a summer camp. At the summer camp, Wednesday has her first crush. Wednesday, Pugsley, and Wednesday's crush, take extensive measures to try and leave the camp so they can save Uncle Fester. Gomez and Morticia know Uncle Fester is acting odd, but don't know what to do since Uncle Fester believes she makes him happy.

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

The Peanuts gang celebrates Halloween. Linus hopes that he will meet the great pumpkin and his optimism is soon swatted down like a fly. Meanwhile Charlie is invited to a Halloween party.

Halloweentown

This is a film series. The first part is about a girl who learns she is a witch and must save her town from supernatural creatures.

Beetlejuice

After Barbara and Adam did in a car accident, they have to live in their house for the next 150 years. This isn't so bad until the hate the new residents, so they decide to scare them away. .

The Corpse Bride

This is about Victor and Emily whose families have arranged their marriage. Even though they like each other, Victor is nervous and goes to the woods to practice his lines. While he's practicing his lines for the wedding, a tree branch becomes a hand that drags him to the land of the dead. It belongs to Emily, who was murdered after eloping with her love and wants to marry Victor. Victor must get back above-ground before Victoria marries the villainous Barkis Bittern.

Boy Meets World: And then There Was Shawn

This is a popular TV show that has been reprised. In this episode, the gang is in detention and slowly, each of them start dying. The episode is pretty funny, but personally my favorite episode of this show is the prom episode.

Scary Options

The Exorcist (1973)

When a young girl starts acting odd, her mother seeks out medical advice. A local priest thinks she is possessed and takes measure to exorcise her. My dad always said this was the scariest movie he's ever seen. When he was in high school, he went to the local theater to watch it. That was the first and last time he saw the movie. He even said one of his classmates drove home in snowy weather with the windows rolled down, begging god for mercy.

The Conjuring

Paranormal investigators are called to a secluded farmhouse, which was just bought by a family. The manifestations seem minor but grow. Especially after they learn the houses history.

Halloween

On Halloween night in 1963, six year old Michael Myers murdered his older sister. He was locked away for 15 years but in 1978, he is being transferred for a court date and he escapes. He returns to his quiet hometown where he looks for his next victims.

Carrie (2013)

Carrie is about a shy high school girl, who is raised by a religious nut job and is bullied. She discovers she has telekinetic powers, and on prom night she takes her revenge.

Have a happy part two of Halloween!

ginny_weasley is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 7

Awesome choices! The Great Pumpkin is a true classic

Halloween is a fucking amazing movie.
    The only Slasher movie that you can call a truly great film.
    I watched it last night

This Halloween?

How about Back to the Future 2?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4m848bh1iY

Cool Take and great selection of movies :D

The original "Exorcist" scared the crap out of me - I think I was quite young when I saw probably early teens

Ah so many cringy child hood things lol

Halloween and Conjuring are the best

What Girls Said 3

nice take!
    i like:
    beetlejuice
    corpse bride
    the conjuring
    the exorcist

• 6d

nice one

I agree with all of them except Carrie. That movie was awful.

I watched the old version and I thought it was lame. It was much more sad than scary. A friend said I should try the new version because it has more blood and gore. I don't know if I'm going to.

I've only seen the new one and it's just not good at all in my opinion. I heard people saying the new one was better so that did little to encourage me to watch the old one lol.