My Top Recommended PC and Console Games

PC Games

Undertale- A Game With Heart

This game is simply a love letter to gamers. From gameplay that plays on your experience with RPGs and anticipates your very actions, to well wrought world and a gripping storyline, beautifully crafted music and soundscapes, and unforgettable characters, this game will make you fall in love with gaming all over again. I won't go into specifics, details can ruin the experience, but when you play the first time, play it peacefully. I promise, if you have a heart, you will be moved to tears of joy and sadness at the same time.

Minecraft- Mine, Craft, Build!

I feel as though I don't even need to recommend this cultural phenomenom, but I'll put it here for you blockheads anyways.

Terraria- Survive, Explore, Slay!

Many consider Terraria a 2D knockoff of Minecraft, but I am here to tell you otherwise. Where Minecraft is a game that has an adventure style play, the focus is definitely on it being a sandbox. Terraria, on the other hand, is an adventure game that incorporates a sandbox. From the many, varied weapons and attacks, to the plethora of monsters, the various biomes and events with well-crafted soundscapes, to iconic boss fights, Terraria is a game worth trying out.

League of Legends- Competition of the Highest Order

This iconic game is currently the most played game in the world, and to no wonder: this MOBA (Massive Online Battle Arena) is accessible, fun, and competitive to the umpteenth degree. There are other MOBAs deserving of praise, but for a person discovering the genre for the first time, this game is the most accessible.

Age of Empires II- Conquer the Past!

Age of Empires is an old RTS game that I feel has stood the test of time. The game is based on historical civilizations and people, and I have always loved that as a history buff. With simple, but effective, resources and gameplay, Age of Empires is a fun strategy game that will have you hooked.

Console

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim- An Adventure of Epic Proportions

Become the Dovahkiin in this RPG of epic proportions. Explore the vast land of Skyrim as you hone your skills, scavenge the rich bounty of the world, discover ancient dungeons and lairs riddled with traps and monsters, weave powerful magic, and slay terrible beasts. This game will have you hooked from the beginning, and this magical world will entertain you for hours upon hours with nearly endless gameplay.

The Borderlands Series- Catch a Gun!!!

The Borderlands series is a zany, wacky set of FPS RPGs with a hilarious, yet serious, story set in a Sci-Fi future in which corporations run the show. Explore Pandora and its moon, Elpis, through the three games as you hunt legendary "Vaults" left by a mysterious precursor race. With literally millions and millions of guns to use, 16 different characters with 3 different skill trees a piece to master, and replay value out the wazoo, become a Vault Hunter, a soldier of fortune, as you fight the wild, native beasts, ruthless corporations, and feral bandits, all bent on killing you. Good luck, and remember, there's no rest for the wicked.

The Jak and Daxter Series- Know Your Past To See Your Future

The Jak and Daxter series is simply one of my favorite set of games in all time. Jak and Daxter, the first game in the series, follows the story of a boy named Jak and his friend Daxter as they search the ruins of the ancient Precursor race for answers to the nature of Eco, a mysterious substance by which all things are made. In Jak 2, Jak and Daxter are transported into a dystopian world with much more advanced technology. Join a resistance gang, fight a corrupt government, and discover Jak's origins in this wonderful follow up. In Jak 3, Jak is banished from the city, and forced to find life outside. As a war rages inside the city between malevolent forces intent on domination, Jak discovers a terrible secret that threatens the whole world. Evil awaits just around the bend, and Jak is the only person able to stop the looming nightmare.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask- The Hero of Time

Legend of Zelda is an epic story with wonderful gameplay and intense plots. Many of the Legend of Zelda games deserve critical acclaim, but none stand above Nintendo's crowning achievements: the Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. These gems have stood the test of time, and the grandness of their impact should not be lost.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit
Sponsored

What Girls Said 1

• Undertale 👌
    Minecraft 👌
    Terraria 👌
    League of Legends 👌 But I think the community is a bit toxic...

Have you tried Pony Island? At first I had doubts because of the name but it was one of the best games I tried last year. Its a indie, puzzle, horror game.

What Guys Said 2

• Skyrim on PC is much better than console because of high quality textures and extra expansions. Playing it on console and ypi can only get some mods, none of the full game mod and no extra games.

I also recommend XCom 2 and The Witcher 3. Probably the 2 best games on PC since last year. Also, civilization 6 and total war war hammer if you want something different. I don't think they on console except the witcher 3.

• Well, if we are being honest, most console games are better on computer. That being said, the games are better known for their existence on console.

• There are a lot of bad ports from console onto PC.

PC games are more niche but tend to make the news more often. They are like the bleeding edge of gaming while console is more 'home-entertainment'. Console games tend to be big budget and have a cookie cutter settings while PC games maker tend to be more experimental with their games and more indie.

Doom for its pioneer in FPS and Counter-Strikes for its competition and best known for shooters. Then you have DoTA style games lead by a Warcraft mod. Minecraft with its explosive growth and introducing of survival games. Civilization series for its turn based world domination style.

• Skyrim on the PC is a lot better than the console version.