15 of My Favorite Composers

1.) Ludwig Van Beethoven

A German composer that most people know about. He was born in 1770 and he died in 1850. He is known for composing Für Elise, An Die Freude, his 5th symphony and many other songs.

2.) Joseph Haydn

A Austrian Composer, he was born in 1732 and he died in 1809. He is known for composing the Kaiser hymn which would become the current national anthem of Germany,

3.) Pyotr Ilych Tchaikovsky

A Russian Composer that was born in 1840 and died in 1893 he is mostly known for composing the songs "Romeo and Juliet" and the 1812 overture. The most popular part of the song "Romeo and Juliet" starts at the 15:40 mark of the video.

4.) Georges Bizet

A French composer that was born in 1838 and he died in 1875. He is known for composing the Carmen Overture and Carmen Les Voici.

5.) Giacomo Puccini

A Italian composer that was born in 1858 and he died in 1924. He is known for composing Nessun Dorma.

6.) Johann Gottfried Piefke

A German composer known that was born on 1817 and he died in 1884. He is known for composing the popular Königgrätzer march and Preussens Gloria. The Königgrätzer march is often mistaken as a "Nazi" march since it was used in Indiana Jones by the Villains and in Call of Duty: World at War. It's not a Nazi march, it's just a German march.

7.) Carl Teike

A German soldier and composer. He enlisted in the German army as a musician. He would write military marches including the famous march "Alte Kameraden"(Old Comrades). After he resigned from the army, he became a police officer. He would get married to his landlord's daughter and he passed away in 1922 at the age of 58 of natural causes.

8.) Edward Elgar

A English composer that was born in 1857 and died in 1934. He is famous for composing "Pomp and Circumstance/Land of Hope and Glory" which is the song that is used at graduation ceremonies.

9.) Franz Lehar

A Hungarian composer of German descent that was born in 1970 and he died in 1948. He is known for composing the love song "Dein ist mein Ganzes herz"

10.) Norbert Schultze

A German composer, he was born in 1911 and he passed away in 2002. He is known for composing the melody for Lili Marleen. While the lyrics of Lili Marleen were written by Hans Liep. The song Lili Marleen has been translated in over 50 languages. Lili Marleen is one of my favorite songs. The song Lili Marleen is sung by both men and women.

11.) John Barry

A English composer that was born in 1933 and he died in 2011. He is known for composing the James Bond theme song. He conducts the James Bond theme in the video.

12.) John Williams

An English Composer that was born in 1932. He is known for composing the soundtracks of Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Jaws, E.T., Harry Potter and many more. He is going to write the soundtrack for Indiana Jones 5 in 2019.

13.) John Scott

An English composer that was born in 1930, he composed the soundtracks for many films including Lionheart

14.) Noriyuki Asakura

A Japanese composer that was born in 195, he composed the soundtracks for various Japanese video games such as Tenchu and Way of the Samurai.

15.) Michael Giacchino

An American composer born in 1967 that composed the soundtracks for various video games and movies. He is well known for composing the soundtrack for some of the Medal of Honor video games.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 5

• 6d

ı love classical music

• 8d

ı love beethoven

• 18d

Youve got a great list, but Hans Zimmer, James Newton Howard, James Horner and Alexandre Desplat are just phenomenal composers, but more modern. They write film music, if you like that kinda stuff. I personally love it, it takes my breath away every time.

• 19d

I like their music.

• 20d

I like this, you've got some great people :)

What Guys Said 10

• 21d

Many are fantastic. Can't stand opera but I love classical music.

• 21d

Nice list ^^.

• 14d

Hans Zimmer, Claude Debussy, Eric Satie, and Yann Tiersen.

• 17d

klasik müzik severim

• 18d

Nice Take, some of these are among my favorite composers (Beethoven, Haydn, Tchaikovsky, Puccini, Asakura and Bizet). I would also add Johann Sebastian Bach, Richard Wagner, Frédéric Chopin, Sergei Prokofiev, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Igor Stravinsky, Niccolò Paganini, Sergei Rachmaninoff and Antonín Dvořák.

• 19d

Never heard of 75% of these people, but no composer list is valid without Hans zimmer

• 20d

my short list:
    john williams (is god)
    john barry
    hanz zimmer

• 20d

Great music! Thanks for sharing! It's good to see a millennial who's outgrown the hip hop stage of musical regression. Nevertheless, here are a few of my favorites. Enjoy!

A different version of Lili Marleen, although the video is misnamed Roll On The Day, it is actually Lili Marleen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lem_Zc1aF7k

Pachelbel's Canon - London Symphony Orchestra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3RRQypEf4I

George Frideric Handel - Music for the Royal Fireworks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7vJ2UFbeXA

George Frideric Handel - Water Music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcOBbkVXbrM

• 20d

No. Oh my.

It should be considered a crime that Franz Liszt, Chopin or Mozart, as well as the greatest boraque composer, Bach is not on this list.

I do agree however with Beethoven and Joseph Haydn, very elegant, technical and classy classical composer.

If you've included modern composers and 21st century composers, surely Hans Zimmer should be somewhere on this list?

• 20d

Gustav Holst is really great too. He is mostly known for his work, The Planets which fun fact, almost was the Star Wars soundtrack. John Williams also stated that Holst is one of his many inspirations,

• 20d

I've heard of him. Parts of the Star Wars soundtrack sound similar to his music.